Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 400 design experts in fifteen global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Interaction Design Lead @ Fjord
- Own the studio’s craft output, ensuring each deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Partner with Group Service Design Director & HR to identify new talent and take an active and lead role in the hiring process.
- Take a day-to-day management role of the designers assigned as direct reports.
- Regularly support client projects as the senior craft designer on the project team.
- Mentor all design team members and encourage their growth and creative development.
- Own and facilitate guild meetings that identify design techniques, inspiration and new technologies relevant to our work.
- With support from the Program Management team, conduct interim project reviews before significant project milestones to ensure quality of output
- Provide support to business development and Program Management in scoping new projects- including articulating the approach, deliverables, timeline and team requirements.
- Provide feedback on design team to their line managers for mid year and year end reviews, including opportunities for their creative development and improvement of technical capabilities.
- Facilitate and contribute to the creation, adoption and improvement of design ‘patterns’ and guidelines and their consistent deployment across various projects.
- Manage and maintain team motivation and morale.
- Engage with and direct freelancers, interns or visiting enlisted to support the project team, as and when required.
- Identify and resolve or escalate issues and conflicts within the project team.
- At least 6+ years relevant industry experience.
- In possession of a relevant degree or professional qualification(s).
- Proficient in and/or knowledge of relevant software packages i.e.
Photoshop and Illustrator, In Design, Flash, 3D graphics packages, and motion graphics software such as After Effects.
- Experience creating and/or managing prototype development.
- Demonstrable skills in illustration, photography, or diagrammatic expertise (information visualization) and iconography are an advantage.
- Able to present concepts and justify design decisions.
- Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Demonstrable attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel.
- Seek out opportunities for self-development.
- Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
- Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships.
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
- Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment & materials provided.
How to apply
Please send your CV and portfolio via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Also, in the body of your email please be sure to include your name, email address, contact phone number and attach your CV, portfolio and cover letter.