Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Senior Content Designer @ Fjord
- Participate in the early stages of project definition and proposition creation, such as participation in brainstorms or user-focused offerings.
- Consistently demonstrate unconventional and brilliant thinking.
- Introduce alternative approaches and methods.
- Provide and readily receive ‘critical’ feedback.
- Convert feedback and relish balancing multiple, sometimes conflicting, inputs when arriving at a final design.
- Carry out and contribute to:
- Content design strategy
- Taxonomy and metadata
- Editorial tone & voice
- Content design documentation
- Participate in and contribute to design research including planning and prep of research materials, conducting interviews and synthesizing
- Understand content design across all platforms.
Client & Project Facing:
- Quickly establish key stakeholders and establish relationship with client.
- Articulate the content design story and vision effectively with client and key stakeholders and to act as primary contact when independently leading projects.
- Effectively and rapidly define and communicate project expectations to team members.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve or escalate issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Engage and partner with external experts and service providers, as and when required.
- Minimum 5 years’ industry experience.
- In possession of a relevant degree or professional qualification(s).
- Prior experience developing content strategies and designing applications that balance user needs, commercial interests and technological constraints.
- Proficient in relevant software packages.
- Able to clearly present concepts and justify content design decisions.
- Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing environment.
- Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence.
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written English.
- Able to demonstrate initiative.
- Willingness to travel.
- Seek out opportunities for self-development.
- Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
- Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships.
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
- Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment & materials provided.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!