Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 500 design experts in eighteen global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Project Manager @ Fjord
The role of the Project Manager is to support Fjord in project delivery and studio business management, define and integrate a robust project management discipline within the business. Managing a blend of hands-on activities such as supporting live projects, providing project management training and support to the Service Design Leads and integrating consulting activities including analysing ‘fit for purpose’ approaches and making recommendations.
The Project Manager reports to the Programme Director.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop the Project Management capability within Fjord.
- Establish core Fjord Project Management methodology, toolkits, activities and deliverables:
Minimise commercial risk.
Maximise revenue and margin.
QA of proposals and projects.
Retain Fjord’s reputation for rapid response and flexibility.
- Establish core documentation for internal and external communication (SteerCo…).
- Define the most effective and appropriate communication methods, project tools and templates.
- Review current project management approach and output.
- Review current projects and financial reporting.
- Active management of projects to identify SWOT.
- Establish Project Management guidelines.
- Work in partnership with the Service Design Leads on projects, chairing regular status meetings with the client and SDL to outline progression against milestones, change control and risk analysis.
- Regular discussions and updates on change control with Account Managers and Business Development Directors.
- Seek out Business Development opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, working onsite where relevant.
- Status report of Fjord Project Management capabilities and approach.
Core Fjord Project Management methodology.
Core Fjord Project Management tools and templates.
- Templates for core documentation library.
- Project Management Guidelines for training purposes.
- Project Management as required on specific projects as part of PM billable activity.
Knowledge, experience & technical skills
- Demonstrable internal and external consulting experience.
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional product teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Demonstrable experience managing external and internal clients.
- Excellent knowledge of Project Management principles, methods, tools and techniques.
- Ability to handle multiple planned and unplanned projects, roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple third-party vendors, internal and external clients.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, presentation and conflict resolution.
- Exemplary verbal and written English communication skills.
Personal skills and attributes
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, developing and maintaining open, honest and trusting relationships.
- Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
- First class attention to detail, while maintaining overall understanding of projects.
- Communicates in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
- Continually strives to exceed client expectations.
- Willingness to perform other related duties as and when required.
- Happy to travel and work onsite on client premises.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Portfolio via email to email@example.com. Include the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Also, in the body of your email please be sure to include your name, email address, contact phone number and attach your CV and cover letter.