Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Program Management Specialist @ Fjord
- Manage small to medium sized projects and is accountable for successful project delivery
- Responsible for upholding standards and best practices methods
- Responsible for relationships with client’s project team
- Manages internal team tasks against the project plan
- Responsible for the development of Scopes/Statements of Work, estimates, timelines and resource plans
- Develop, implement and manage the project plan; ability to create detailed work break-down structures
- Responsible for resource allocation in conjunction with the resource manager
- Day to day management of projects from initiation through implementation and deployment
- Manage change and evaluate risks and assess potential impacts on project delivery
- Communicates status of project to the project team, studio leadership and client
- Tracks and report project run rates and financials on a bi-monthly basis
- Contributes to the creative process by assessing feasibility of the proposed solutions, recommending new technologies, methods, etc
- Monitors and communicates project status and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly
- Ensures changing resource and project requirements are communicated to all members of the project team, and that the changes are understood by all members of the team
- Ensures all change management documentation is executed and understood by all team members
- Oversee the project team’s activities to guarantee overall quality of work and ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget
- Minimum 4 years’ Program Management, Product Management, Project Management or relevant experience within a client service organization
- Experience managing complex, multi-discipline projects
- Solid understanding of product design, software or digital development, and brand strategy
- Experience in account management and business development practices
- Solid understanding of Project Accounting
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- A high-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with and manage a wide variety of professional staff; experience in growing and mentoring a very dynamic team
- Experience in presenting to and interacting with senior management of client organizations
- Ability to cost estimate large range of project types, and to track and meet budgets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Willingness to travel
- Be a storyteller: A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- Works collaboratively and curiously.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their work.
- Responds professionally to feedback and is able to admit mistakes quickly.
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently.
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
- Seeks out opportunities for self-development and continuing education.
- Develops and maintains open honest and trusting relationships.
- Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!