Open to other Midwest locations as well!
As Fjord and within Accenture Interactive we function to design experiences to make peoples’ lives better. We reimagine industries, products, services, and operating models. Human-Centered Design is the heart of our design process. Our designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep visual specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital service creation. Our living culture and methods provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous. As interactions with users evolve from periodic engagements via a screen to consistent, connected experiences, organizations must create new services that are deeply integrated in the physical world. As an Associate Designer you will help craft those experiences from research phase, to service definition, to visual designs to bring ideas to life.
Unleash the Fjordian inside because you are…
- Naturally engaging with people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers and working with fellow team members
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team
- Comfortable working within ambiguity in a fluid and fast-paced organization
- Constantly seeks out and learns new methods, skills and approaches to build expertise and remain connected with best practices
- Willing to research and immerse in unfamiliar client contexts to build background and bring an empathetic approach to new problems
- Ready to collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business, creating new services at scale
- Passionate about creating experiences that fuse physical and digital through research, analytics, design and delivery
A professional in this position, at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently and give/receive design feedback.
- Work with design, technology, and project management to ensure the design meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
- Contribute design to mood boards, concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards under specific direction from the project’s Design Lead.
- Contribute to service & visual design activities including client workshops, user interviews, creative brainstorms and visual definition with your team.
- Support design definition with visuals based on relevant business, technical, and design considerations.
- Seek input and feedback from mid-level and senior team members.
- Create interaction design, visual design, and service design deliverables.
- Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Contribute to the communication of design rationale both verbally and visually.
1+ years of working and conceptual knowledge of cross platform design, including all touchpoints within the service experience, including but not limited to: Mobile/Tablet App; Web – responsive and mobile friendly; Kiosk – touchscreens/display screens that can be interactive or static
1+ years of experience in standard design and presentation applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Powerpoint, Keynote, Sketch, InVision
Candidate must possess a digital design portfolio.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Mural, Confluence, and JIRA is a plus.
Knowledge of and experience with applying user-centered design processes.
Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design.
Ability to create basic experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
Familiarity with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
Ability to design, conduct and synthesize qualitative and quantitative research (using virtual and in-person methods/tools)
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!