At Fjord, business design is integral to the design process. The strategists, pragmatists and creative thinkers on our Business Design team establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational and organizational level. As a Business Designer, you will support business design activities throughout engagements at the project level. It’s your chance to influence and shape the impact design has on the world – design is the problem-solving paradigm of our age, and business design is our way of shaping that impact.
As a team, we:
- Solve and reframe business problems using a design mindset.
- Help our clients build their future, from measurement and key performance indicator models through to organizational impact and strategic road mapping.
- Translate between several languages at once (operational, technical, financial, to name but three) to find the best path to achieve the greatest impact.
As a business designer, you:
- Support business design activities including client workshops, stakeholder interviews, business intelligence gathering and creative brainstorms.
- Research materials from a wide variety of client materials, interviews external sources, analytics and data sources. to build a business background viewpoint.
- Synthesize materials and construct meaningful stories to ground the design work in the client’s context.
- Build a network of colleagues and regularly share progress and insights, learning from each other.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Required Background and Skills:
- 2+ years relevant industry experience (business design, strategic design, brand strategy & consulting, product/brand management)
- Some experience in change management, operational improvement and metrics consulting as well as industry knowledge in areas in digital services
- Strong digital experience a must
- Strong analytic skills in the process of interpreting and structuring data
- Knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research
- Be a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- Have a strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- Have a natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, including the capabilities and limitations of Web technologies and various other technologies a plus
- Strong knowledge of design process and project management
- Ability to cope with stress
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Must be organised, analytical, and dynamic
- Bachelor degree in a design-related discipline
- A passion for design and people
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
- Works collaboratively and curiously.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their work.
- Responds professionally to feedback and is able to admit mistakes quickly.
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently.
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
- Seeks out opportunities for self-development and continuing education.
- Develops and maintains open honest and trusting relationships.
- Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required.
- Fluent in English.
- A willingness to travel overseas.
Being part of a team..
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Business designers are core to Fjord’s mission. Together we’re forging a new profession that applies the best of what’s gone before in the service of the reinvention we provide for our clients. You bring something new and unusual to our mix, and you have deep aesthetic sensibility and spot patterns where few can and can combine business strategy with design sensibility and approach. Join us and help define something new.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!