FJORD ROLE DESCRIPTION: BUSINESS DESIGN
Senior Business Designer
At Fjord, Business Design is integral to the design process. The strategists, pragmatists, and creative thinkers on our Business Design team establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level. As a Senior Business Designer, you will contribute to the shape and definition of business design activities throughout engagements at the project level. Design is the problem-solving paradigm of our age, and Business Design is our way of shaping and influencing the world.
As a team, we:
- Solve and reframe business problems using a design mindset.
- Help our clients build their future, from measurement and KPI modeling through to organizational impact and strategic roadmapping.
- Translate between several languages at once (operational, technical, financial, to name but three) to find the best path to achieve the greatest impact.
As a Senior Business Designer, you:
- Establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level.
- Co-lead business design activities, including client workshops, stakeholder interviews, business intelligence gathering, creative brainstorms, visioning, and KPI development.
- Co-own the business background point of view by researching and synthesizing materials from a wide variety of client materials, interviews, external sources, analytics, and data sources.
- Communicate and share interests and insights with the project team to broaden their own perspectives of their work.
- Create quality, insightful, and confidence-inspiring client deliverables, coaching the team to do likewise.
- Build the business through cultivating key client relationships and selling in related work.
- Nurture a network of colleagues and regularly share progress and insights, learning from each other.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience with Excel and/or other analysis tools, PowerPoint, Keynote and/or Adobe Creative Suite for presentation purposes. Familiarity with InVision, Sketch, or other prototyping methods. Ability to learn how to use new tools in real time.
- History of tackling and solving complex business challenges; a strong personal mission to help find truths and challenge orthodoxies.
- Excellent knowledge of the Business Design landscape, including but not limited to design intelligence, measurement, KPIs, organizational change, venturing, design storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, business/investment case generation, and product management.
- Understanding (but first-hand experience not necessary) of basic programming languages such as HTML and CSS through the most recent version.
- Prior experience using agile methodology.
- 5-7 years of consultancy experience; 3-5 years of strategy experience; 1-2 years of managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business or related field.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Business Designers are core to Fjord’s mission. Together we’re forging a new profession that applies the best of what’s gone before in the service of the reinvention we provide for our clients. You bring something new and unusual to our mix, you have a deep aesthetic sensibility, you spot patterns where few can, and you can combine business strategy with design sensibility and approach. Join us and help define something new.
How to apply
Please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Also, in the body of your email please be sure to include your name, email address, contact phone number and attach your CV and cover letter.