At Fjord, Business Design is integral to the design process. The strategists, pragmatists, and creative thinkers on our Business Design team establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level. As a Business Design Director, you will be responsible for all business design activities within a studio or for large engagements (depending on the size of the studio), from quality of craft through to profitability and team performance. You’ll liaise with other Business Design Directors across the region to facilitate knowledge sharing and inspire other teams. Design is the problem-solving paradigm of our age, and Business Design is our way of shaping and influencing the world.
As a team, we:
- Solve and reframe business problems using a design mindset.
- Help our clients build their future, from measurement and KPI modelling through to organizational impact and strategic roadmapping.
- Translate between several languages at once (operational, technical, financial, to name but three) to find the best path to achieve the greatest impact.
As a Business Design Director, you:
- Establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level.
- Lead business design strategy and co-own the project vision. Manage business design relationships with partners and clients, owning multiple client relationships. Work in studio to develop best-in-class approaches and ensure consistency across projects.
- Ensure consistency and quality of the research and crafting of point of view across multiple projects and within the studio at large.
- Own client relationships beyond projects to ensure ongoing continuity and impact. Identify client needs and ensure there is a studio-based consistent approach across the project leadership.
- Nurture several teams across multiple accounts to produce insightful, fresh messages for our clients and colleagues such that you establish trust and contribute to thought leadership.
- Assume responsibility for profitability of the Business Design team and offerings across the studio.
- Nurture a network of colleagues and regularly share progress and insights, learning from each other, helping the whole team to do likewise, introducing and connecting people.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
- 10+ years of consultancy or agency experience
- 7+ years of strategy experience
- 3+ years of leadership or managerial experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business or related field
Set yourself apart:
- Experience with Excel and/or other analysis tools, PowerPoint, Keynote and/or Adobe Creative Suite for presentation purposes. Familiarity with InVision, Sketch, or other prototyping methods. Ability to learn how to use new tools in real time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues, clients and partners.
- Experience conceptualizing and managing team initiatives from start to finish, with evidence of business outcome.
- Mastery of the Business Design landscape, including but not limited to design intelligence, measurement, KPIs, organizational change, venturing, design storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, business/investment case generation, and product management; evidence of fresh, original perspective.
- Prior experience using agile methodology.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Business Designers are core to Fjord’s mission. Together we’re forging a new profession that applies the best of what’s gone before in the service of the reinvention we provide for our clients. You bring something new and unusual to our mix, you have a deep aesthetic sensibility, you spot patterns where few can, and you can combine business strategy with design sensibility and approach. Join us and help define something new.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!