Fjord is a service design consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord has a diverse group of over 200 design experts in nine global creative hubs around the world.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Fjord is now looking for Business Designers (mid-senior levels) to join our rapidly growing team in Hong Kong.
As a Business Designer in Fjord Hong Kong, you will have the following key responsibilities:
A. Project delivery
- Drive the stakeholder understanding & strategy creation within projects and business development overall
- Analyze the market (competitor and target segment) and provide market insights for the design team
- Analyze the client business and build the business drivers
- Build and develop business models for our projects to succeed.
- Conduct Process design and contribute to the creation of service roadmaps
- Take the responsibility for the quality of business design and successful delivery of work in this area across various projects
- Lead and coordinate business design tracks independently or in conjunction with the other Design Leads
B. New business
- Provide business consulting on pitches, workshops and other new business projects as required, thus ensuring a strategic approach
- Own the storyline and content creation for strategy-focused pitch and new business presentations
- Support the business development team with strategic input, client meetings, presentations and proposal writing
C. Internal Tasks
- Collaborate with Design Director to weave business design approaches into Fjord service design and establish it as a core discipline
- Foster knowledge sharing in Business design across different teams, projects and offices
What will make you an outstanding candidate:
- 4- 10 + years relevant industry experience (business design, design strategy, business or IT consulting). Candidates with different years of experience will be considered for corresponding career levels.
- Experience in change management, operational improvement and metrics consulting as well as industry knowledge in areas relevant for Fjord
- Experience in business development from lead generation through proposal writing and proposal delivery
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary design teams
- Experience in designing applications that balance user needs, commercial interests and technological constraints
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Ability to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing environment
- Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Willingness to travel and work overseas
- Fluency in English and Chinese
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!