BUSINESS DESIGN LEAD
The Dock, Dublin 2
Fjord has joined forces with The Dock. This is the new home for experimentation, co-creation and experiential design, and an exciting opportunity to put design doing at the heart of innovation.
Who are we?
We are a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where designers, doctors, visionaries and makers are doing things that matter for people, places and robots. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
Who are you?
You are a kick-ass Business Design Lead ready to join a fast-paced, growing innovation centre. You will operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. You will thrive in an open and interactive working environment, which facilitates collaboration with colleagues, clients and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief, will ensure that together we will make it count.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with other Business Designers, Service Design Leads and Program Manager to structure and plan engagements
- Participate and contribute to the following Business Design activities (either as Lead or as part of an assembled team):
- Stakeholder interviews
- Industry and trends research
- Competitor analysis and benchmarking
- KPI definition
- ROI modeling
- Customer Experience Touchpoint high level design
- Strategic Communications
- Design Strategy
- Brand DNA definition
- Contribute to the definition of the service/product vision and proposition
- Contribute to the creation of service/product roadmaps
- Help ensure alignment with the defined business goals throughout the service/product design process
- Help baseline performance against defined KPIs, and subsequent measurement post Go-Live
- Definition and scoping of a highly differentiated service or product concept
- Definition and scoping of the branded experience manifested by the service or product
- Definition of the associated business case, or enhancement of the existing client business case. This will include a focus on establishing primary success targets and linked measures
- Technology and organizational high level feasibility
- Planning and road mapping – including identification of internal organizational capabilities or roadblocks
- Management of user research inputs and outputs as part of the design process
- Storytelling to inspire a client or a team, or even an investor in an initiative
- Knowing how to ‘join the dots’ both within Accenture to collectively deliver the best outcome for a client.
- Shape and grow large client accounts from one project outward, helping shape how the Centre can add value and extend presence, both to further our objectives and to help pull through further work both for us and for Accenture
- Map out a client’s organization, and individuals’ motivations within and beyond individual project stakeholders
- Keep in touch and proactively get to know clients and Accenture people on client accounts
- Provide consulting on pitches, workshops and other new business projects as required, thus ensuring a strategic approach
- Qualify wider Accenture opportunities and find a strategic role for the Centre within them for mutual advantage to both companies
- Participate and contribute to the storyline and content creation for strategy-focused pitch and new business presentations (either as Lead or as part of an assembled team)
- Work closely with, and be available to, the respective business development (sales) teams in pursuing new business leads and converting client briefs into booked projects
- Support the business development team with strategic input, client meetings, presentations and proposal writing
- Proactive Lead Generation
- Collaborate with local management to drive overall Design & Innovation vision and credibility
- Collaborate with the wider Business Design team around the world to establish a strong, mutually supportive peer group – constantly sharing ideas, looking at ways to improve our competencies and credibility, and looking for business development opportunities
- Participate in the extension of methodologies and approaches and develop any additional tools necessary to constantly seek improvement
- Help train/coach Service Design core team in consultative approaches
- Be involved in the recruitment and line-management of other business designers including freelancers, where appropriate
- Publicly promote the Centre’s business and thought leadership through blog postings, conference participation, social media etc.
- Foster knowledge sharing across projects and offices, building strong relationships with other office MDs, peers and other teams
- Seek out opportunities for self-development.
- Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
- Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships.
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
- Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
Your Skills And Qualifications
- 6+ years relevant industry experience (business design, design strategy, business, or brand strategy consulting)
- Experienced in change management, operational improvement and metrics consulting as well as industry knowledge in areas relevant for the Centre
- Strong digital experience a must
- MBA preferred
- Strong intellectual abilities – both to quickly understand situations and issues and to make connections between related and unrelated areas
- Clarity of thought – ability to describe the essence of a situation or issue in terms that people can instantly understand
- Work under pressure – ability to work efficiently and quickly with pressured environments
- Comfortable with ambiguity – ability to structure own work when boundaries and stakeholders are not clear
- Politically astute – able to understand the organizational politics at play within a give client situation
- Presentation skills – able to structure and present a compelling client-facing presentation, be it a pitch or a client deliverable. This also includes the ability to share and ‘pre-wire’ the attendees of a presentation to minimize surprises and ambush situations
- Strong communication – comfortable with constant and appropriate communication, timely and to the right people. High level of professionalism of language, both written and verbal
- Seeing the bigger picture – be able to maintain a sense of where each piece of work fits within the scheme of the overall project or product
- Making connections – ability to join up different bodies of thought or experiences and ensure the team is well connected and engaged
- Empathetic – able to build good rapport with clients quickly and understand their needs. Willing to put clients’ needs before personal agendas
- Eager to learn – keen to understand more about the bigger picture and what is motivating clients
- Flexible – ability to multi-task and re-plan in real time, handling more than one client request or project at a time and willing to reprioritize quickly where needed
- Professional – keeping all client communication and team communication ‘above the line’, not blaming for mistakes. Seeking root causes rather than guilt
- Integrity – desire to ensure that clients’ privacy and confidentiality is respected at all times
- Team-driven – able and willing to build team morale by delivering on expectations, contributing on time and going the extra mile to ensure team success
- Experienced in business development from lead generation through proposal writing and proposal delivery
- Experienced in working in multi-disciplinary design teams
- Prior experience designing applications that balance user needs, commercial interests and technological constraints
- Proficient in relevant software packages
- Participation in business development from lead generation through proposal writing and proposal delivery
- Careful attention to detail
- Able to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing environment
- Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence
- Be a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!