Business Design Lead
At Fjord, Business Design is integral to the design process. The strategists, pragmatists, and creative thinkers on our Business Design team establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level. As a Business Design Lead, you will be responsible for shaping and defining business design activities throughout engagements at the project level. You’ll manage others, establish the flow, estimate the levels of effort, and facilitate knowledge sharing. Design is the problem-solving paradigm of our age, and Business Design is our way of shaping and influencing the world.
As a team, we:
- Solve and reframe business problems using a design mindset.
- Help our clients build their future, from measurement and KPI modelling through to organizational impact and strategic roadmapping.
- Translate between several languages at once (operational, technical, financial, to name but three) to find the best path to achieve the greatest impact.
As a Business Design Lead, you:
- Establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level.
- Lead business design activities, including client workshops, stakeholder interviews, business intelligence gathering, creative brainstorms, visioning, and KPI development. Manage business design relationships with partners and clients, owning one client relationship at a time.
- Assume responsibility for the overall business point of view and guide others in the process of research and synthesis.
- Guide the project and act as a liaison with Accenture counterparts and clients to ensure all business needs and expectations are being met.
- Produce business design deliverables at the project and account level, and provide business design coaching to the wider design team in project and business development contexts, overseeing the work of the team.
- Build the business through cultivating key client relationships and selling in related work.
- Participate and contribute to external and internal design communities as a Fjordian.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience with Excel and/or other analysis tools, PowerPoint, Keynote and/or Adobe Creative Suite for presentation purposes. Familiarity with InVision, Sketch, or other prototyping methods. Ability to learn how to use new tools in real time.
- History of tackling and solving complex business challenges; a strong personal mission to help find truths and challenge orthodoxies.
- Nascent mastery of the Business Design landscape, including but not limited to design intelligence, measurement, KPIs, organizational change, venturing, design storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, business/investment case generation, and product management.
- Understanding (but first-hand experience not necessary) of basic programming languages such as HTML and CSS through the most recent version.
- Prior experience using agile methodology.
- 7-10 years of consultancy or agency experience; 5-7 years of strategy experience; 2-3 years of leadership or managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business or related field.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Business Designers are core to Fjord’s mission. Together we’re forging a new profession that applies the best of what’s gone before in the service of the reinvention we provide for our clients. You bring something new and unusual to our mix, you have a deep aesthetic sensibility, you spot patterns where few can, and you can combine business strategy with design sensibility and approach. Join us and help define something new.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!