Fjord, a division of Accenture Interactive, is a design and innovation consultancy that creates useful, effective, and desirable digital services for the world’s leading businesses. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over one thousand design experts in twenty-five studios around the world.
Today in Toronto we are looking for Business Designers. Business design is integral to the design process at Fjord. The strategists, pragmatists and creative thinkers on our Business Design team establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational and organisational level.
Business Design Specialist @ Fjord:
As a team, we:
• Solve and re-frame business problems using a design mindset
• Help our clients build their future, from measurement and KPI modelling through to organizational impact and strategic road mapping
• Translate between several languages at once (operational, technical, financial, to name but three) in order to find the best path to achieve the greatest impact
As a senior business designer, you:
• Lead or contribute to business design activities including client workshops, stakeholder interviews, business intelligence gathering, creative brainstorms, visioning, KPI and road map development.
• Assume responsibility for the overall quality of the Business Design team’s work on a project or account.
• Lead or contribute to the production of business design deliverables at the project and account level, potentially including:
o Stakeholder interviews
o Industry and trends research
o Competitor analysis and bench-marking
o Service/product vision and proposition
o KPI definition
o ROI modeling
o Brand positioning
o Communicate across all disciplines and nurture the team to produce insights for our clients that align with business needs
• Support new business development by cultivating key client relationships, collaborating on pitches and proposals, finding the story and selling in business design related work.
• Experienced: 5+ years relevant industry experience (business design, design strategy, business, or brand strategy consulting) for level 9, and 8-10+ for level 7
o Deep grounding in digital – prior experience designing applications that balance user needs, commercial interests and technological constraints
o Understanding of design and working with design groups
• Intellectual – innately curious, able to connect the dots, see the big picture, and synthesize it into a succinct and compelling story
• Comfortable with ambiguity – ability to structure your own work when boundaries and stakeholders are not clear
• An effective communicator – a high level of professionalism of language, both written and verbal and a confident presenter
• Empathetic – able to build good rapport with clients quickly and understand their needs.
• Collaborative – enjoy working with and learning from cross functional teams
• Able to work under pressure – juggling multiple tasks and deadlines
• Client focused – always ready to listen, problem solve, advise with integrity, and aim to over deliver
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and border-less playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be bold. Be generous. Make an impact. Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!