Business Designer (Strategy & Research)
How can we revolutionize the way the world works and lives? How can we use emerging technologies to improve human life and experience? These are some of the questions we’re grappling with at The Dock, Accenture’s multi-disciplinary research and incubation hub in Dublin. Technology, design and business experts investigate, imagine and bring new ideas to life. Our designers at The Dock are part of Fjord, a global design and innovation consultancy. We bring the human to the heart of the solution, asking how technology augments and impacts people’s lives.
At Fjord, the human is always at the center of everything we do. The Senior Business Designer establishes people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world through a powerful empathetic lens of the people we serve.
As a team, we:
- Represent Business Design on our teams and in our studios.
- Contribute to the shape and definition of business design activities throughout engagements at the project level.
- Define the insights and frameworks that keep the human at the center of our design solutions.
As a Senior Business Designer, you:
- Self-identify career goals.
- Master Business Design as a series of disciplines and a practice, developing deep expertise in one area
- Co-lead business design activities including client workshops, stakeholder interviews,
- business intelligence gathering, creative brainstorms, visioning and KPI development.
- Advance Business Design as a discipline and a practice through a highly collaborative and inclusive style.
- Accurately assess performance of self and subordinates.
- Actively collaborate with teammates on design activities.
- Own client relationships from a Business Design standpoint. Provide clients and teams with an expert view of Business Design.
Set yourself apart:
- Excellent knowledge of the business design landscape, including but not limited to design intelligence, measurement, KPIs, organizational change, venturing, design storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, business/investment case generation and product management.
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- History of tackling and solving complex business challenges; a strong personal mission to help find truths and challenge orthodoxies.
- Insatiable curiosity leading to rapid pattern-spotting and ability to connect dots to provide fresh perspectives.
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills that balance with creative design approaches.
- Experience conceptualizing and managing team initiatives from start to finish.
- Proven history of delivering results on time and within budget.
- Ability to communicate effectively and connect with colleagues, clients and partners.
- Strong leadership skills, problem resolution abilities and good judgment.
- Experience with Excel and/or other analysis tools, PowerPoint, Keynote and/or Adobe
Creative Suite for presentation purposes. Familiarity with InVision, Sketch, or other
prototyping methods. Ability to learn how to use new tools in real time.
- Understanding of Service Design and product design.
- Prior experience using agile methodology.
- 5-7 years of consultancy experience; 3-5 years of strategy experience; 1-2 years of managerial
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business or related field.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world in which we live. Creative, rigorous and effective Service & Interaction Design ensures that impact is realized. Join a team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
A flexible approach
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work.
Please note, as part of all designer recruitment processes, we’ll require a portfolio of your relevant work in order to consider your application. Please be sure to include a link to an online or downloadable portfolio on your CV, or attach an additional document with samples of your work.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!