We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Business Development Director
At Fjord, Business Development is crucial to our success as a company, and defines the work we do. Our Business Developers are the face of Fjord’s story and offering, and devise how our capabilities can profoundly impact client business.
As the Business Development Director, you lead the Business Development function at the studio and regional level, and represent design and innovation for opportunities from broader Accenture and/or clients.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
- Pursue business opportunities that reflect Fjord’s strengths.
- Collaborate with clients and cross-functional teams to align business needs with solutions.
- Seek opportunities and relationships that leverage our problem-solving capabilities.
As a Business Development Director, you:
- Have an operational and presentational mastery of the Fjord story and offering to help advise clients about design and innovation. Also draw up proposals and statements of work.
- Lead and oversee proposal and statement of work conception and writing.
- Advise clients on Fjord proposals and points of views, stepping them through operational and tactical nuances.
- Drive and lead Fjord design engagement pursuits.
- Lead regionally driven design education sessions for prospective Accenture Interactive clients and drive resulting business pursuits.
- Own the craft, capability, and quality output at the project level.
- Qualify potential opportunities to ensure a good fit for Fjord.
- Lead regional Business Development teams, driving the narrative in integrated Accenture/Fjord proposals.
- Engage with Accenture program Leads to ensure the proper credit allocation for Fjord contributions.
- Lead and manage all design activities at the project level. Coach team members, maintaining motivation and morale.
- Assess performance and provide feedback and career guidance for those in your project and line management teams.
- Hold regular meetings with studios to ensure adherence to intake procedures.
- Contribute to the Business Development hiring strategy at the studio level, as well as lead interviews and provide feedback to prospective candidates.
- Regularly connect with the regional Accenture Interactive Business Development counterpart to co-create account strategies and pursuit plans.
- Oversee and be accountable for Business Development team work at the regional level.
- Qualify individual pursuit requests to ensure Fjord appropriateness. If something does not qualify, provide triage to other design support entities within Accenture.
- Oversee all Business Development activities and deliverables in relation to pursuits.
- Develop pitch decks with regional studios.
- Collaborate with Fjord and Accenture in the development of pursuit artifacts.
- Attend, help plan, and contribute to Fjord and business development community events; be a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
- 10+ years of agency or innovation consultant sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Development or related field preferred.
- Proficient in establishing regional sales goals.
- Advanced understanding of and experience with driving and applying human-centered design processes, working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional teams.
- Advanced understanding of and experience in Service and Product Design.
- Advanced understanding of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- Proven history managing cross-functional teams to create powerful, effective and coherent design solutions.
- Excellent leadership skills, problem-resolution abilities, and good judgment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!