Our Business Developers fuel our studios and guide the quality of the work we produce. At Fjord, Business Development is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world.Our Business Developers are the face of Fjord’s story and offering, and devise how our capabilities can profoundly impact our client’s businesses.
As the Business Development Director, you’ll lead the Business Development function for the Sydney Fjord studio, collaborating with all parts of Accenture to shape and drive design and innovation opportunities with clients.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
- Pursue business opportunities that reflect Fjord’s strengths.
- Collaborate with clients and cross-functional teams to align business needs with solutions.
- Seek opportunities and relationships that leverage our problem-solving capabilities.
As a Business Development Director, you:
- Have an operational and presentational mastery for storytelling and thought leadership to help advise clients about design and innovation.
- Listen actively to client challenges and help facilitate co-creation sessions to define the brief.
- Advise clients on Fjord proposals and points of views, stepping them through strategic, operational and tactical nuances.
- Lead local Business Development teams, driving the narrative for integrated Accenture/Fjord proposals.
- Engage with Accenture systems to ensure the proper approvals, tracking and reporting of sales and credit allocation for Fjord contributions.
- Assess performance and provide feedback and career guidance for those in your team.
- Contribute to the Business Development hiring strategy at the studio level, as well as lead interviews and provide feedback to prospective candidates.
- Regularly connect with the Accenture Business Development counterparts and leadership to co-create account strategies and pursuit plans.
- Qualify client briefs to ensure Fjord appropriateness. If something does not qualify, provide triage to other design support entities within Accenture.
- Help plan and participate in Fjord internal and external events; be a Fjord ambassador.
- Collaborate with the Fjord design team on opportunities and help upskill and support them within Business Development
- Embody the Fjord values from the front and actively contribute to Fjord’s studio culture
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Proficient in establishing regional sales goals.
- Advanced understanding of and experience with driving and applying human-centered design processes, working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional teams.
- Advanced understanding of and experience in Service and Product Design.
- Advanced understanding of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- Proven history managing cross-functional teams to create powerful, effective and coherent design solutions.
- Excellent leadership skills, problem-resolution abilities, and good judgment.
- 10+ years of agency or innovation consultant sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Development or related field preferred.
Highly skilled in negotiating, you’re experienced at agreeing and closing profitable programs of work
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Join a team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of impactful design.
How to apply
Please send your CV & cover letter to email@example.com