At Fjord, Business Development is crucial to our success as a company, and defines the work we do. Our Business Developers are the face of Fjord’s story and offering, and devise how our capabilities can profoundly impact client business.
As the Business Development Director, you lead the Business Development function at the studio and regional level, and represent design and innovation for opportunities from broader Accenture and/or clients. In this role, you are responsible for all Go-To-Market activities within Brazil and broadening to wider LATAM.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
- Pursue business opportunities that reflect Fjord’s strengths.
- Collaborate with clients and cross-functional teams to align business needs with solutions.
- Seek opportunities and relationships that leverage our problem-solving capabilities.
As a Business Development Director, you:
- Have an operational and presentational mastery of the Fjord story and offering to help advise clients about design and innovation. Also draw up proposals and statements of work.
- Lead and oversee proposal and statement of work conception and writing.
- Advise clients on Fjord proposals and points of views, stepping them through operational and tactical nuances.
- Drive and lead Fjord design engagement pursuits.
- Find and grow accounts
- Qualify potential opportunities to ensure a good fit for Fjord.
- Focus on hitting the quarterly studio growth targets, maintaining and reporting on the future outlook
- Build a relationship network internally and externally and respond to incoming requests
- Continuously improve the quality of our go to market response & coaching the team to grow
- Assess performance and provide feedback and career guidance for those in your project and line management teams.
- Lead regionally driven design education sessions for prospective Accenture Interactive clients and drive resulting business pursuits.
- Own the craft, capability, and quality output at the project level.
- Lead regional Business Development teams, driving the narrative in integrated Accenture/Fjord proposals.
- Contribute to the Business Development hiring strategy at the studio level, as well as lead interviews and provide feedback to prospective candidates.
- Oversee and be accountable for Business Development team work at the regional level.
- Oversee all Business Development activities and deliverables in relation to pursuits.
- Develop pitch decks with regional studios.
- Attend, help plan, and contribute to Fjord and business development community events; be a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Proficient in establishing regional sales goals.
- Advanced understanding of and experience with driving and applying human-centered design processes, working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional teams.
- Advanced understanding of and experience in Service and Product Design.
- Advanced understanding of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- Proven history managing cross-functional teams to create powerful, effective and coherent design solutions.
- Excellent leadership skills, problem-resolution abilities, and good judgment.
- 10+ years of agency or innovation consultant sales experience.
- Proven sales successes, good Portuguese and ideally Spanish too, along with excellent English skills round up your profile.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Development or related field preferred.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Our Business Developers fuel our studios and guide the quality of the work we produce. At Fjord, Business Development is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world.
Join a team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of impactful design.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!