Business Development Lead
At Fjord, Business Development is crucial to our success as a company, and defines the work we do. Our Business Developers are the face of Fjord’s story and offering, and devise how our capabilities can profoundly impact client business.
As the Business Development Lead, you oversee the operational Business Development function, and establish structure, reporting, rules of engagement, as well as metrics.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
- Pursue business opportunities that reflect Fjord’s strengths.
- Collaborate with clients and cross-functional teams to align business needs with solutions.
- Seek opportunities and relationships that leverage our problem-solving capabilities.
As a Business Development Lead, you:
- Master the art (proposals and points of views) and science (metrics, operating procedures, process) of Business Development.
- Lead proposal and statement of work conception and writing.
- Advanced understanding of the roles involved in Service Design and Digital Project Creation.
- Thorough understanding of the various design skillsets required for project staffing.
- Advanced in tools that monitor Business Development process and performance.
- Articulate the rules of engagement for Business Development and studio collaboration.
- Coach less-experienced Business Development team members.
- Create the playbook for all Business Development functions, processes, and material availability.
- Oversee and enforce Fjord tagging for sales and delivery credit in the Accenture system.
- Seek input from peers and more experienced Business Development team members, as well as coach less-experienced Business Development team members.
- Lead the team’s briefing about pursuits.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Director to ensure operations are optimized for both Business Development and the studio.
- Assume responsibility for the overall quality of Business Development processes, procedures, and methods.
- Ensure the Business Development operational methods and procedures are applied to qualified incoming work.
- Oversee the creation of best-practices documentation and cross-referenced support materials.
- Lead orals and discovery sessions.
- Attend, help plan, and contribute to Fjord and business development community events; be a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to provide operational guidance for Business Development personnel as they navigate processes and procedures.
- Lead the enforcement of Business Development operational guidelines.
- Support three pitches per quarter to balance operational duties.
- 7–10 years of operational experience or Program Management, preferably at an agency or design consultancy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Development or related field preferred.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!