What’s the opportunity?
At Fjord, design leadership drives creativity and innovation at all levels. Our design leadership invests itself in strengthening the relationships between our teams, our clients, and the people who use our services every single day.
We are looking for a unique type of designer who has located their career at the intersection of design, technology and industry and are confident and fluent collaborating across multiple disciplines. As a Creative Design Director, you and your team will work on large, systemic, complex problems that challenge the traditional design thinking practice. You’ll bring your experience in planning and running design research activities and conducting design experiments to the studio. With a full understanding of the value design brings in a research context, you’ll be expected to speak fluently to the influence of design in complex problem solving.
In the role of Design Director, you will join the leadership team within Fjord’s only Global R&D studio. This is a unique opportunity to guide our design teams, working at the edges of traditional design practice, within an experimental and dynamic research lab environment.
As a team, we:
- Lead and inspire design teams and individuals.
- Provide oversight and lead design activities across client and internal projects.
- Set the vision and goals of the studio.
- Lead the Fjord culture and shape the community of talent.
- Build opportunities to solve business challenges with design excellence.
- Challenge the traditional orthodoxies of design and push our craft beyond what is currently practiced
- Be thought leaders in emerging design practice
- Break old design tools and make new ones
- Hold the studio to the highest standards of design thinking and doing
As a designer:
- You drive design quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as create new offerings within Fjord
- You collaborate with program leadership to craft integrated design solutions for a diverse array of industries, scale and mediums
- You a powerful communicator with strong skills of persuasion and storytelling.
- You lead morale, performance, and growth
Working together, we will:
- Design integrated ecosystems of innovative products and services
- Explore and implement new ways for teams to collaborate with each other
- Build and strengthen the multidisciplinary skillsets of designers across the region
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 15 + years relevant industry experience with proven leadership experience
- In possession of a relevant degree or professional qualification(s)
- Prior experience designing applications that balance user needs, commercial interests and technological constraints
- Proficient in relevant software packages
- Able to clearly present concepts and support design decisions
- Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure
- Careful attention to detail and high quality standards
- Able to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing environment
- Dedicated, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence.
Please note, as part of all Designer recruitment processes, we require a portfolio of your relevant work or we will not be able to consider your application.
Please be sure to include a link to an online or downloadable portfolio on your CV, or, be sure to attach an additional document with a portfolio of your work, as part of your online application for this role.
A flexible approach
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!