Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Creative Technology Lead @ Fjord
• Responsible for the quality and robustness of technical deliverables on each project.
• Be a hands-on technology resource, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms.
• Be an active member of the design team, contributing to every phase of the project with prototyping, technical innovation, validation, and turning prototypes into reality.
• Have an inquisitive interest in the latest development techniques and libraries. Experience of constructing and developing on a technology stack that meets the needs of rapid prototyping, whilst also serving as the foundation for future development.
• Demonstrate the value of prototyping as an integral and regular step in the design process of conceptualizing, refining, and finalizing an inventive solution, service or product.
• Be comfortable with driving innovation from a technical point of view, pushing the boundaries of complex services and solutions that are simple, relevant, and human centered.
• Keep up to speed with new technology market trends.
• Support the balance the client’s business objectives, and technical feasibility constraints whilst meeting the user experience objectives of the project. Be prepared to challenge requirements.
• Develop rich, fluid, and polished experiences that will showcase industry-leading design.
• Be an expert on emerging technology & trends, and help others understand potential pitfalls and opportunities.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders.
• Work in partnership with the Project Lead to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Identify and alert the Project Lead to potential risks, and work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans.
• Define quality control requirements. Produce lean technical specification and API documentation.
• Develop functional pilots to test in market and gather insights.
• Take an active role in team activities, including design critique sessions, best practice initiatives, and social activities.
• Constantly push forward into new technologies to broaden your knowledge.
• Expert in user experience and design best practices across multiple platforms, and can use this knowledge to inform and elevate the design process.
• Engage with experts and thought leaders across technology disciplines to gain knowledge to drive innovative services. • Work closely with project development team to ensure successful execution of the design vision. • Spread your passion for technology and how it can improve our lives to others in the studio. • Constantly push the boundaries and redefine what is possible with technology
• At least 3+ years relevant industry experience.
• In possession of a relevant degree or professional qualification(s).
• Strong knowledge and experience in a relevant software engineering or web design discipline.
• Some experience creating prototypes for platforms such as wearables, mobile, web, and TV.
• Experience of rapid prototyping, Agile development methodologies.
• Exposure or experience with cross platform development using frameworks such as Unity, Xamarin, Cordova, etc.
• Experiencing working closely as part of a design teams to assist with best practices and execution of designs for various channels.
• Ability to combine multiple technologies into a solution, learning as you go to integrate new pieces into the solution.
• Demonstrate expertise in 3 or more of the following areas:
o Native and wearable app development with complex APIs and 3rd party SDKs
o Full stack web development
o Relational and/or NoSQL database development
o Data analysis, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch
o Mobile hardware integration such as BLE, accessory port, ADK
o Hardware prototyping using technologies such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi, and developing hardware/software solutions
o VR, AR, Kinect, NUI, or machine vision technologies.
• Seek out opportunities for self-development.
• Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
• Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
• Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships.
• Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
• Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
• Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment & materials provided.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!