Fjord, part of Accenture Interactive, is a design and innovation consultancy that re-imagines people’s relationships with the digital and physical world around them. We use the power of design to create services people love. By combining a human-centered approach with robust methodology, we work with some of the world’s leading businesses to make complex systems simple and elegant. Founded in 2001, Fjord has a diverse team of more than 750 design and innovation experts in twenty two studios around the world, including Atlanta, Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Helsinki, Hong Kong, Istanbul, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, New York, Paris, San Francisco, São Paulo, Seattle, Stockholm, Sydney, Toronto and Washington. For more information visit www.fjordnet.com or follow us on Twitter @fjord.
- 4+ years relevant industry experience (business design, design strategy, business, or brand strategy consulting)
- Strong digital experience a must
- Strong intellectual abilities – both to quickly understand situations and issues and to make connections between related and unrelated areas
- Clarity of thought – ability to describe the essence of a situation or issue in terms that people can instantly understand
- Work under pressure – ability to work efficiently and quickly with pressured environments
- Comfortable with ambiguity – ability to structure own work when boundaries and stakeholders are not clear
- Politically aware – able to grasp the organizational politics at play within a given client situation
- Presentation skills – able to structure and present a compelling client-facing presentation, be it a pitch or a client deliverable.
- Strong communication – comfortable with constant and appropriate communication, timely and to the right people. High level of professionalism of language, both written and verbal
- Empathetic – able to build good rapport with clients quickly and understand their needs. Willing to put clients’ needs before personal agendas
- Eager to learn – keen to understand more about the bigger picture and what is motivating clients
- Flexible – ability to multi-task
- Professional – keeping all client communication and team communication ‘above the line’, not blaming for mistakes. Seeking root causes rather than guilt
- Integrity – desire to ensure that clients’ privacy and confidentiality is respected at all times
- Team-driven – able and willing to deliver on time and to expectations and go the extra mile to ensure team success
- Experienced in working in multi-disciplinary design teams
- Prior experience designing applications that balance user needs, commercial interests and technological constraints
- Proficient in relevant software packages
- Analytical and creative
- Careful attention to detail
- Able to work with little director and to identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence
- Able to demonstrate initiative
- Willingness to travel
- Be a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- Participate and contribute to the following Business Design activities:
- Stakeholder interviews
- Industry and trends research
- Competitor analysis and benchmarking
- KPI definition
- ROI modeling
- Customer Experience Touchpoint high level design
- Strategic Communications
- Design Strategy
- Brand DNA definition
- Contribute to the definition of the service/product vision and proposition
- Contribute to the creation of service/product roadmaps
- Help ensure alignment with the defined business goals throughout the service/product design process
- Help baseline performance against defined KPIs, and subsequent measurement post Go-Live
- Definition of the associated business case, or enhancement of the existing client business case. This will include a focus on establishing primary success targets and linked measures
- Planning and road mapping – including identification of internal organizational capabilities or roadblocks
- Management of user research inputs and outputs as part of the design process
- Storytelling to inspire a client or a team, or even an investor in an initiative
- Knowing how to ‘join the dots’ both within Fjord and within Accenture to collectively deliver the best outcome for a client.
- Participate and contribute to the storyline and content creation for strategy-focused pitch and new business presentations
- Seek out opportunities for self-development.
- Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
- Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships.
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
- Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment & materials provided.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!