Open to San Francisco and other West locations
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture Interactive, we’re able to do work that changes the world and Fjord is always looking for kindred spirits. Digital is no longer the centerpiece of brand experience; the emphasis is shifting onto how best to use it as an invisible enabler of physical and sensory experiences. As interactions with users evolve from periodic engagements via a screen to consistent, connected experiences, organizations must create new services that are deeply integrated in the physical world.
We are a family of Fjordians, our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
At Fjord, Data Design strives to create dynamic and engaging data experiences for humans and machines which enable substantive action and meaningful change. We leverage a combination of user-centered thinking and data-driven methods to create cross-disciplinary solutions spanning every industry.
Data Designers create the essential pieces for these solutions, be it beautiful bespoke data visualizations or thoughtful user experiences. Data Design at Fjord breaks down the walls between design and engineering to synthesize data solutions that improve the human experience.
Unleash the Fjordian inside because you are…
- Naturally engaging people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers, working with fellow team members, clients and channeling the inner creative
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Ready to collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business creating service at scale
- Passionate about creating experiences that fuse physical and digital through research, analytics, design and delivery
A professional in this position, at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Design with and leverage data to enhance human experiences at work and in life.
- Lead Data Design strategy and contribute to the project vision. Manage Data Design relationships with partners and clients, owning multiple client relationships. Work in studio to develop best-in-class approaches and ensure consistency across projects.
- Contribute to client-facing deliverables at the account level, in project and business development contexts, setting the tone and appropriate style for client context.
- Contribute to studio and community events and workshops, directing content.
These are the minimum requirements for an aspirant to be considered for the position applying to:
- 3+ years of big data, analytics, or data visualization experience; prior consultancy experience preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience years of technology of design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in coding.
- Experience with some of the following: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, JIRA, and the ability to learn how to use new tools in real time.
- Working knowledge of the Data Design landscape, including but not limited to data intelligence, instrumentation, organizational integration, data storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, data valuation, and product management.
- Experience with the following tools (or similar): Git, AWS, GCP, SQL.
- Familiar with distributed data storage technologies (or similar): Spark, Hadoop, Postgres, and Cassandra.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!