At Fjord, Design Leadership drives impact and innovation at all levels. Our Design Leadership invests itself in strengthening the relationships between our teams, our clients, our work, and the people who use our products and services every day.
As a Design and Innovation Director, you’ll own the design and innovation practice and delivery across one or more accounts. You’ll be responsible for overseeing multidisciplinary teams to create ideal solutions for our clients. You’ll also manage Design and Innovation Leads, collaborate with primary stakeholders, and work with program leadership to plan future projects.
This is an opportunity to establish Fjord’s footprint in the Montreal market, expanding its business in Canada and evolving its integrated design and innovation practice on a global scale.
As a team, we:
- Lead and inspire design and innovation teams and individuals.
- Provide oversight and lead design and innovation activities across client and internal projects.
- Create opportunities to solve business challenges with excellence.
- As a Design and Innovation Director, you:
- Drive quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals
- Lead points of view, proposal creation, and relationship management across one to two key clients.
- Deeply understand the market and can speak to our clients and the industry about our content, craft, and trends.
- Own craft and capability output across key projects, ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Assess performance and provide career guidance and performance decisions for members of the design and innovation team.
- Provide directional oversight of individual project team’s work and assume overall accountability for it.
- Develop pitch decks and project approaches that lead to exciting, inspiring, and well-shaped work for our design and innovation team.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients.
Working together, we will:
- Create environments where our design and innovation teams can do high-quality work for our clients.
- Uncover opportunities to apply design thinking to solve challenges for key accounts.
- Build and strengthen the multidisciplinary skillsets of design and innovation teams within Montréal.
Set yourself apart:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research.
- Mastery in two to three areas of expertise such as Innovation Consulting, Service Design, or Interaction Design.
- Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design and innovation solution.
- Highly proactive with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience; 4+ years leadership/management experience; demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design discipline; a master’s degree is preferred.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe Design Leadership should empower design teams, providing guidance, provoking thought, and removing barriers so that all members can reach their full potential. In doing so, our design leaders inspire teams, clients, and users to push beyond boundaries and achieve our shared goals. If your strengths revolve around bringing out the strengths in others, we encourage you to join our Design Leadership team.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!