We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe Design Leadership should empower design teams, providing guidance, provoking thought, and removing barriers so that all members can reach their full potential. In doing so, our design leaders inspire teams, clients, and users to push beyond boundaries and achieve our shared goals. If your strengths revolve around bringing out the strengths in others, we encourage you to join our Design Leadership team.
At Fjord, Design Leadership drives creativity and innovation at all levels. Our Design Leadership invests itself in strengthening the relationships between our teams, our clients, our work, and the people who use our products and services every day.
As a Design Director, you’ll own the design practice and delivery across one or more accounts. You’ll be responsible for overseeing multidisciplinary design teams to create ideal solutions for our clients. You’ll also manage Design Leads, collaborate with primary stakeholders, and work with program leadership to plan future projects.
This is your opportunity to evolve integrated design as both a discipline and a practice on a global scale.
As a team, we:
- Lead and inspire design teams and individuals.
- Provide oversight and lead design activities across client and internal projects.
- Create opportunities to solve business challenges with design excellence.
As a Design Director, you:
- Drive design quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as create new offerings within Fjord.
- Lead design points of view, proposal creation, and relationship management across one to two key clients.
- Deeply understand the market and can speak to our clients and the industry about our content, craft, and trends.
- Own craft and capability output across key projects, ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Assess performance and provide career guidance and performance decisions for members of the studio Design team.
- Provide directional oversight of individual project team’s work and assume overall accountability for it.
- Develop pitch decks and project approaches that lead to exciting, inspiring, and well-shaped work for our Design team.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients.
Working together, we will:
- Create environments where our design teams can do high-quality work for our clients.
- Uncover opportunities to apply design thinking to solve challenges for key accounts.
- Build and strengthen the multidisciplinary skillsets of design teams across the studio.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience; 4+ years leadership/management experience; demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
Set yourself apart:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design discipline; a master’s degree is preferred.Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research.
- Mastery in two to three areas of expertise such as Service Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or Content Design.
- Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution.
- Highly proactive with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!