Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture Interactive, we’re able to do work that changes the world and Fjord is always looking for kindred spirits. Digital is no longer the centerpiece of brand experience; the emphasis is shifting onto how best to use it as an invisible enabler of physical and sensory experiences. As interactions with users evolve from periodic engagements via a screen to consistent, connected experiences, organizations must create new services that are deeply integrated in the physical world.
We are a family of Fjordians, our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
At Fjord, Service & Interaction Design are at the heart of our design process. Our service and interaction designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital product creation. Design Leadership drives creativity and innovation at all levels. Our Design Leadership invests itself in strengthening the relationships between our teams, our clients, our work, and the people who use our products and services every day.
As a Design Director, you’ll own the design practice and delivery across one or more accounts. You’ll be responsible for overseeing multidisciplinary design teams to create ideal solutions for our clients. You’ll also manage Design Leads, collaborate with primary stakeholders, and work with program leadership to plan future projects.
This is your opportunity to evolve integrated design as both a discipline and a practice on a global scale.
Unleash the Fjordian inside because you are…
- Naturally engaging people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers, working with fellow team members, clients and channeling the inner creative
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Ready to collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business creating service at scale
- Passionate about creating experiences that fuse physical and digital through research, analytics, design and delivery
A professional in this position, at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Drive design quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as create new offerings within Fjord.
- Lead design points of view, proposal creation, and relationship management across one to two key clients.
- Deeply understand the market and can speak to our clients and the industry about our content, craft, and trends.
- Own craft and capability output across key projects, ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Assess performance and provide career guidance and performance decisions for members of the studio Design team.
- Provide directional oversight of individual project team’s work and assume overall accountability for it.
- Develop pitch decks and project approaches that lead to exciting, inspiring, and well-shaped work for our Design team.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients.
These are the minimum requirements for an aspirant to be considered for the position applying to:
- 10+ years’ experience of Service & Interaction Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- 7+ year of experience planning, designing, facilitating, and synthesizing workshops
- 7+ years’ experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- 5+ years creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- 5+ years’ experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- 5+ years’ requirements gathering and communication between all design teams, workstreams and clients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience.
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying user-centered design processes.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design.
- Ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!