At Fjord, the human is always at the center of everything we do. The Design Research practice at Fjord ensures that everything we deliver is grounded in a deep and contextual understanding of what matters to the people we are designing for.
The Design Researcher works with the project team leadership in defining the research track of work; assists with clearly articulating research objectives and approaches; supports the team in executing and analyzing primary research; and develops research materials and key deliverables.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world through a powerful empathetic lens of the people we serve.
As a team, we:
- Develop ways to conduct effective primary research.
- Represent Design Research on our teams and in our studios.
- Define the insights and frameworks that keep the human at the center of our design solutions.
As a Design Researcher, you:
- Ensure the work is grounded in a deep and contextual understanding of what matters to the people we are designing for.
- Support and help lead design research activities including research planning, fieldwork execution, analysis, synthesis, research story, and deliverables.
- Define design research plans based on relevant research and business objectives.
- Support and help lead design research activities at the project level.
- Support new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience conceptualizing and managing design research from start to finish.
- Proven history of delivering results on time and within budget.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of design research: recruiting processes; scheduling and logistics; protocol development; interviewing and moderating; analysis and framework development; video compilations; research deliverables.
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and video editing software.
- Familiarity with online research tools is a plus.
- Relevant experience including design research experience and participating in all aspects of design research (planning, executing, analysis, synthesis, deliverable creation).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Design Research.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world we live. Keeping the human at the center of our design ensures that impact. Be part of a team that is curious, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
How to apply
Please send your CV, Coverletter & Portfolio via email to email@example.com
Include the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Also, in the body of your email please be sure to include your name, email address and contact phone number
Your details will be shared with Accenture as part of the recruitment process.