At Fjord, we put humans at the heart of everything we do. We use design to solve problems and create positive impact for the people our clients serve. We are searching for experienced designers who share this passion and value being part of a diverse, curious, talented and impactful team. Our Business Designers establish people-centric business strategies for our clients, fusing the practices of design and strategy to structure the business impact of design at a strategic, operational, and organizational level. Our Service Designers uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design. The challenges we face are never clear-cut, so we build diverse, multi-disciplinary teams to solve them, allowing everyone to play to their strengths… so don’t expect to be pigeonholed!
Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
- 5+ years working in a Service or Business Design role.
- In-depth knowledge, experience and application of Service or Business Design to address varied human, business and technology challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Proven ability to lead design activities on projects, including application of design methods, workshop design and facilitation, creative brainstorms, and service design definitions
Highly Desirable Experience:
- Strong industry experience in one of: Industrial/B2B, Consumer Goods & Retail, Insurance, Banking.
What we expect from you:
- History of tackling and solving complex business challenges; a strong personal mission to help find truths and challenge orthodoxies.
- Ability to communicate effectively and connect with colleagues, clients and partners.
- Experience in conceptualizing and delivering initiatives from start to finish.
- Proven history of delivering results on time and within budget.
- Insatiable curiosity leading to rapid pattern-spotting and ability to connect dots to provide fresh perspectives.
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills that balance with creative design approaches.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Keynote and/or Adobe Creative Suite for presentation purposes. Familiarity with InVision, Sketch, Figma or other prototyping methods. Ability to learn how to use new tools in real time.
- Experience with Excel and/or other analysis and BI tools (Business Designers)
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- Knowledge of the business design landscape, including but not limited to design intelligence, measurement, KPIs, organizational change, venturing, design storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, business/investment case generation and product management (for Business Designers)
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design; willingness to broaden own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset (for Service Designers)
What we offer:
- Highly innovative and hardworking colleagues with a 50:50 gender mix and over 10 nationalities alone in our Helsinki studio
- Impactful work for some of the most well-known brands in the world
- Diverse project teams with flat hierarchies and a tight collaboration from start to finish
- A inspiring studio space in the heart of Helsinki with a welcoming lounge/kitchen, spacious workshop and communal areas, foosball/ping pong for the after-works, and great coffee with real espresso machines… (yes, it’s a bit emptier than we’d like right now, but that will change!)
- Learning and training activities throughout the year as well as one big annual get-together for Fjordians to meet and greet teams from other studios
- Continuous learning, sharing, education and support to harness and expand your craft and leadership skills
- The possibility to attend relevant conferences (when the health environment allows)
- Competitive salary package
We are Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe that design can solve complex problems by focusing on solutions and big ideas. At Fjord, this work is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world. We’re inspired every day to bring meaningful experiences into the world, and we’re looking for people who want to collaborate and do their best work with us. If this sounds like a place you want to be, consider this your invitation to join us.
We offer a long-term career, where you will constantly challenge yourself to learn and grow. Our performance achievement approach to performance management focuses on building on your strengths and maximize your potential. We are an organization that encourages diversity – and as a meritocracy everyone will be given equal opportunities based on performance and aspirations.
Equal is greater than – Accenture welcomes and encourages applications from diverse backgrounds related to gender, age, ethnicity, culture, race, religion and belief, disability, nationality, sexual orientation and gender identity. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, providing an environment where everyone brings distinct experience, talent and culture to their work. We invite you to be part of this diversity!
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability, please send an email to Accenture Recruitment Finland <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries – powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!