Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 hundred design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Program Management Director @ Fjord
The Programme Director is a key member of the leadership team, responsible for growing and nurturing a rapidly increasing studio.
- Play a management / supervisor role and directly manage a growing team of program managers (PMs)
- Lead a team of PMs to ensure that projects are managed successfully (i.e., on time, on budget, high quality, smooth process, satisfied clients)
- Contribute to the creation of delivery management processes and procedures to standardize delivery efforts as the company grows;
- Ensure identification and adoption of best practices
- Drive integration of program management with the design function
- Lead the internal resource management process for assigning resources to project teams across all studio projects
- Serve as the primary conduit between line functions and finance – to ensure minimal risk, maximum profitability and efficiency of delivery
- Support the company’s new business development and sales efforts by providing strategic delivery guidelines, scope and timeline guidance and budget estimates
- Play a hands-on program management leadership role on a small number of strategic client programs.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, developers, motion graphics artists, QA and other internal staff (Expected billability for this role is 50%)
- Help PM’s develop detailed project plans and timelines using a set of project management tools
- Participate in regular communications with clients to ensure clear understanding of customer needs and requirements over the course of projects
- Continually communicate project status to internal stakeholders through various formal and informal mechanisms.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 10 years’ of digital program management / delivery management experience with roles of increasing responsibility (including direct line management) PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated experience managing creative and interactive initiatives
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- A high-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with and manage a wide variety of professional staff; experience in growing and mentoring a very dynamic team
- Experience in presenting to and interacting with senior management of client organizations
- Ability to cost estimate large range of project types, and to track and meet budgets Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, presentation and conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Willingness to travel
- Be a storyteller: A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- Works collaboratively and curiously.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their work.
- Responds professionally to feedback and is able to admit mistakes quickly.
- A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently.
- Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment. Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
- Seeks out opportunities for self-development and continuing education.
- Develops and maintains open honest and trusting relationships.
- Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required.
How to apply
Please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Also, in the body of your email please be sure to include your name, email address, contact phone number and attach your CV and cover letter.