At Fjord, Design Leadership drives creativity and innovation at all levels. Our Design Leadership invests itself in strengthening the relationships between our teams, our clients, our work, and the people who use our products and services every day.
As a Group Design Director in Oslo, you’ll own the design practice and delivery across one or more accounts. You’ll be responsible for overseeing multidisciplinary design teams to create ideal solutions for our clients. You’ll also manage Design Leads, collaborate with primary stakeholders, and work with program leadership to plan future projects.
This is your opportunity to evolve integrated design as both a discipline and a practice on a global scale.
As a team, we:
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design
- Unite and inspire designers
As a Group Design Director, you:
- Drive design quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as create new offerings within Fjord
- Lead design points of view, proposal creation, and relationship management across one to two key clients
- Deeply understand the market and can speak to our clients and the industry about our content, craft, and trends
- Own craft and capability output across key projects, ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality
- Assess performance and provide career guidance and performance decisions for members of the studio Design team
- Provide directional oversight of individual project team’s work and assume overall accountability for it
- Develop pitch decks and project approaches that lead to exciting, inspiring, and well-shaped work for our Design team
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research
- Mastery in two to three areas of expertise such as Service Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or Content Design
- Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution
- Highly proactive with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience; 4+ years leadership/management experience; demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design discipline; a master’s degree is preferred
- Norwegian market knowledge and language fluency round your profile
We believe Design Leadership should empower design teams, providing guidance, provoking thought, and removing barriers so that all members can reach their full potential. In doing so, our design leaders inspire teams, clients, and users to push beyond boundaries and achieve our shared goals. If your strengths revolve around bringing out the strengths in others, we encourage you to join our Design Leadership team.
Apply below attaching your CV, portfolio and application letter by end of 31st October.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!