At Fjord, Design Leadership drives creativity and innovation at all levels. Our Design
Leadership invests itself in strengthening the relationships between our teams, our
clients, our work, and the people who use our products and services every day.
As Group Design Director, you’ll own the design practice and delivery at the studio
level. You’ll be responsible for leading multidisciplinary teams to produce quality
design work for our clients. You’ll also establish processes, estimate level of effort,
and liaise with other Directors across the region to facilitate knowledge sharing.
This is your opportunity to evolve integrated design as both a discipline and a
practice on a global scale.
As a team, we:
• Lead and inspire design teams and individuals.
• Provide oversight and lead design activities across client and internal projects.
• Create opportunities to solve business challenges with design excellence.
As a Group Design Director, you:
• Drive design quality, practice, and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as create new offerings within Fjord.
• Deeply understand the market and can speak to our clients and the industry about our content, craft, and trends fluently and convincingly.
• Lead design points of view, proposal creation, and relationship management across key clients in studio.
• Own craft and capability output across the studio, ensuring each studio deliverable is of the highest quality.
• Demonstrate creativity in the pursuit of new business and leadership of teams.
• Manage and lead the studio’s Design team, maintain motivation and morale, addressing team performance, and growth.
• Ensure that the design studio is using the most appropriate design methods and practices.
• Manage at least one account and oversee quality and output of all projects for that account.
• Establish and lead client and account relationships for successful account growth.
• Present at conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
Working together, we will:
• Design integrated ecosystems of innovative products and services.
• Explore and implement new ways for teams to collaborate with each other.
• Build and strengthen the multidisciplinary skillsets of designers across the region.
Set yourself apart:
• Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
• Mastery in multiple areas of expertise including Service Design, Product, Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or Content Design.
• Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution.
• Excellent leadership skills, problem resolution abilities, and good judgment.
• Highly proactive with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, high integrity, pragmatism, professionalism, and efficiency.
• Fluent in French & English
• 12+ years of relevant industry experience; demonstrated experience leading a multidiscipline design practice.
• 3+ International experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design discipline; a master’s degree is preferred.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us
with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be
adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration.
Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes
the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe Design Leadership should empower design teams, providing guidance,
provoking thought, and removing barriers so that all members can reach their full
potential. In doing so, our design leaders inspire teams, clients, and users to push
beyond boundaries and achieve our shared goals. If your strengths revolve around
bringing out the strengths in others, we encourage you to join our Design Leadership
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!