Data Design strives to create dynamic and engaging data experiences for humans and machines which enable substantive action and meaningful change. We leverage a combination of user-centered thinking and data-driven methods to create cross-disciplinary solutions spanning every industry. Data Design Leads help define the vision of project-specific work and the overall story and Data Design discipline as it relates to a project. Data Design at Fjord breaks down the walls between design and engineering in order to synthesize data solutions that improve the human experience.
As a team, we:
- Unlock the power of data for clients by evaluating and building solutions through a holistic design-driven lens.
- Must be flexible and deep in our understanding of both technical and design fields and how they interact.
- Are hungry to learn about fields and modes of thinking that are unfamiliar and exciting so that we can deliver not only proven but also innovative answers for our clients.
As a Data Design Lead, you:
- Design with and leverage data to enhance human experiences at work and in life.
- Advance Data Design as a series of disciplines and a practice within the project and across other projects. Lead studio specialism in one discipline.
- Define and contribute to the project direction. Drive the Data Design approach towards clear and meaningful outcomes and work.
- Guide the project and act as a liaison with the Accenture counterpart and the client to ensure all Data Design needs and expectations are being met.
- Produce Data Design deliverables at the project and account level, and provide Data Design coaching to the wider design team at the project level.
- Build the business through cultivating key client relationships and selling in Data Design related work.
- Manage studio and community events and workshops, contributing to content.
Working together, we will:
- Change the way that our clients view and use data and the role that data plays in everyday life.
- Push each other out of our comfort zone to continuously learn, practice, and evolve Data Design.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, JIRA, and the ability to learn how to use new tools in real time.
- Nascent mastery of the Data Design landscape, including but not limited to data intelligence, instrumentation, organizational integration, data storytelling, design thinking, culture change, coaching, data valuation, and product management.
- Proven history of delivering team results on time and within budget.
- Experience with the following tools (or similar): Git, AWS, GCP, SQL.
- Significant technology or design experience; development or strategy experience; knowledge of big data, analytics, or data visualization experience; leadership or managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Data Design or related field.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Coverletter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Also, in the body of your email please be sure to include your name, email address and contact phone number