At Fjord, design leadership drives creativity and innovation at all levels. Our design leadership invests itself in strengthening the relationships between our teams, our clients, our work, and the people who use our products and services every day.
As a Service & Interaction Design Director, you’ll own the Service Design practice and delivery across multiple projects in the design studio. You’ll be responsible for contributing to and inspiring multidisciplinary design teams to craft compelling service futures and meaningful service experiences across multiple channels and touchpoints for our clients. You’ll also manage Service Design Leads, collaborate with primary stakeholders, and work with program leadership to plan future projects.
This is your opportunity to evolve Service Design as both a discipline and a practice on a global scale.
As a team, we:
- Lead and inspire design teams and individuals.
- Provide oversight and lead design activities across client and internal projects.
- Create opportunities to solve business challenges with design excellence.
As an Interaction Design Director, you:
- Drive development and evolution of Service Design both as a discipline and practice with a focus on quality and impact.
- Lead design points of view, proposal creation, and relationship management across 1-2 key clients.
- Consult with and advise Design Directors and senior clients to help frame the challenge at hand, encourage design thinking and service design, and establish orientation towards quality of experience.
- Own Service Design craft and capability output across key projects, ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Assess performance and provide career guidance and decisions for current and aspiring Service Design Leads.
- Guide the design studio toward using the most appropriate service design methods and practices to: identify strategic opportunities; frame strategic problems; envision possible service futures; generate and validate service concepts; define business and actor impact; and facilitate collaborative practices.
- Support the development of pitch decks and project approaches that lead to exciting, inspiring, and well-shaped work for our design teams.
- Continually improve the toolkit for design thinking and service design by refining and seeking out new tools, methods or processes.
- Present new thinking and insights at conferences as a Fjord thought leader.
Working together, we will:
- Create environments where our design teams can do high-quality work for our clients.
- Uncover opportunities to apply design thinking to solve challenges for key accounts.
- Build and strengthen the multidisciplinary skillsets of design teams across the studio.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience; demonstrated experience leading cross-discipline teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design discipline.
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional teams.
- Mastery of Service Design, proficiency in Design Research and Business Design, and familiarity with digital product creation.
- Proven history leading or working with cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution.
- Excellent leadership skills, problem resolution abilities, and good judgment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!