At Fjord, Service & Interaction Design are at the heart of our design process. Our Service & Interaction Designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital product creation.
The Interaction Design Lead owns Interaction Design as a discipline on projects and accounts and contributes to the practice at the studio level, and sharing responsibility for the Interaction Design team across all studio accounts. On projects, you’ll support and provide oversight on all aspects of Interaction Design, and lead Interaction Design efforts on our most ambitious work. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
- Create products that demonstrate outstanding interaction design for our clients and their customers.
- Own the development of the discipline and practice in our studios.
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
As an Interaction Design Lead, you:
- Uncover user needs through research & data, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Lead Interaction Design activities and research-based design practice at a project level. Manage relationships with partners and clients with respect to these activities.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- Assess performance and provide career guidance for those in your project and line management team.
- Help to evolve the Interaction Design practice, pulling in state of the art methods from external and internal expertise.
- Frame design solutions and explain thinking and rationale in a compelling way. Lead the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale.
- Publish articles, books, and other media on behalf of Fjord.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design; willingness to broaden own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
- Advanced ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- Advanced knowledge of rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience, 4+ years leadership/management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
- Fluency in English and Cantonese. Mandarin speaking is an extra asset.
How to apply
Please send your CV & current portfolio with cover letter to email@example.com. CVs without a portfolio will not be considered.