Location: London (flexible), Edinburgh
Career Level: Senior Analyst; Consultant
At Fjord, the human is always at the centre of everything we do. Our Interaction Design practice at Fjord focuses on how people interact with digital experiences, ensuring that best in class products and services meet their needs.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world we live. Keeping the human at the centre of our design ensures that impact. Be part of a team that is curious, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world through a powerful empathetic lens of the people we serve.
As a team, we:
- Bring together research, design, business and technology to shape the products and services of the future.
- Use insight to drive our strategic thinking and detailed design, placing the human at the centre of what we do.
- Create digital products and services that provide real value for our clients and their customers.
- Nurture a new generation of talented design practitioners
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use design theory and practice to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
As an Interaction Designer, you will:
- Use design research techniques to uncover deep insights, generate product concepts and envision how people will interact with them.
- Translate product concepts into structured information architecture, sitemaps, user journeys and user flows.
- Create detailed sketches, wireframes and diagrams that demonstrate key screens across devices (e.g. desktop, mobile, connected devices).
- Prototype digital experiences at different levels of fidelity, from paper sketches to Sketch/Figma/InVision clickable prototypes.
- Support in the planning, design, facilitation and synthesis of co-creation workshops (e.g. Fjord Rumble, product ideation sessions etc.)
- Have strong communication skills and be confident presenting and defending your design decisions.
- Support new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
- Collaborate with other designers, developers and researchers on mixed methods work to bring integrated value to our clients.
- Relevant experience in Interaction Design, User Experience, Experience Design or a similar field.
- Any form of experience in one or more of the following; higher education in a design related degree, a course or similar experience in an Interaction Design role.
- Experience supporting the planning and execution of user and usability testing.
- Experience in translating business and customer requirements into a compelling holistic experience across different touchpoints.
- High dexterity in speed and quality with the tools of your trade such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Adobe CS, Miro or Mural.
- Experience in running online and offline workshops and interviews with clients and partners to validate design decisions.
- Ability to create lower fidelity to fully interactive prototypes
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology, translating its impact on design solutions.
- Knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Proven history of delivering Interaction Design outcomes on time.
- Proven collaborative and teamwork skills
Set yourself apart:
- Experience in creating and maintaining Design Systems.
- Familiarity with delivery management tools such as Trello, JIRA or Asana and delivery methodologies such as Agile, DevOPs etc.
- Ability to communicate with clients and partners about design methodologies and artefacts.
- Visual design skills.
Candidates must have an exceptional design portfolio which demonstrates their experience in Interaction Design or similar roles.
What’s in it for you
In addition to a competitive basic salary, you will have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!