Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 hundred design experts in twenty-four global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
At Fjord, Service & Interaction Designareat the heart of our design process. OurService & Interaction Designers are a diverse teamof strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialistswhoenvision and craft experiencesfrom service design to digital product creation.
The Service &Interaction Designer(D1)contributes tointeractiondesignandservice design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms,interactiondesign,and service design definition.This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team we::
- Create products that demonstrate outstandingservice andinteraction designfor our clientsand their customers.
- Develop the discipline and practice in our studios.
- Lead, lean in, becreative, and have fun.
As a Service & Interaction Designer(D1), you:
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Participate in and occasionally lead Service & Interaction Designactivities,including client workshops, user interviews, and creative brainstorms.
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently and give design feedback.
- Manage some Service & Interaction Designactivities at the project level.
- Own some Service & Interaction Designdeliverables.
- Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Contribute to the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Be a Fjord ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’slives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Understanding of several areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design.
- Ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- Familiaritywith rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- Preparedness for being part of teams who focus on user-centered design practices to develop new products and services.
- 3-5 years of in-depth knowledge and experience of Interaction Design and Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience ina related field.
- A passion for design and people
- Willingness to travel.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world in which we live.Creative, rigorous and effective Service & Interaction Designensures that impact is realized.Joina team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
How to apply
Please email your CV, a creative personal presentation and portfolio to email@example.com. Please include the position title you are applying for in the subject line.