At Fjord, interaction design is one of the core disciplines of our design process. Our designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep specialists who envision and craft experiences from concept to product creation.
The role participates in interaction design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, interaction design definition.
As a team, we:
- Create products that demonstrate outstanding service and interaction design for our clients and their customers.
- Drive the development of the discipline and practice in our studios.
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
As an interaction designer, you:
- Participate in design research activities, help develop insights, generate concepts, structure information and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Participate in product design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and interaction design definitions.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently using quantitative and qualitative data, as well as by applying user centered design principles.
- Are proficient in the creation of interaction models, behavioural mindsets, conditional flows, information architecture, wireframes and design systems.
- Familiarity with crafting and using experience drivers and experience principles.
- Understanding of the foundations of interaction design, and ability to critically craft new interaction paradigms and patterns in digital and emerging experiences / touchpoints.
- Have experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to fully interactive digital prototypes.
- Have a solid understanding of technology, its opportunities and limitations.
- Own and continuously improve interaction design deliverables.
- Are able to tell the story behind your design choices and conceptual ideas both verbally and visually.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline. Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, Content Design and technology.
- Focus on user-centered design practices to develop new products and services.
- Proficient facilitator of end user concept validation activities and usability testing.
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Framer, Adobe Creative Suite essential.
- 3-5 years of in-depth knowledge and experience of Interaction Design, product design, and/or UI/UX across varied users, business problems and devices.
- An outstanding portfolio of delivered products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field is a bonus.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world in which we live. Creative, rigorous and effective Service & Interaction Design ensures that impact is realized. Join a team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
Equal is greater than – Accenture welcomes and encourages applications from diverse backgrounds related to gender, age, ethnicity, culture, race, religion and belief, disability, nationality, sexual orientation and gender identity. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental.
Successful applicants must be willing to travel.
How to apply
Please send your CV & current portfolio with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs without a portfolio will not be considered.