At Fjord, service and interaction design are at the heart of our design process. Our service and interaction designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital product creation.
The Design Lead owns interaction design as a discipline and a practice at the studio level, and shares responsibility for the interaction design team across all studio accounts. On projects, the you’ll support and provide oversight on all aspects of interaction design, and lead interaction design efforts on our most ambitious work. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
- Create products that demonstrate outstanding interaction design for our clients and their customers.
- Own the development of the discipline and practice in our studios.
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
As a designer, you:
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Contribute to service and experience strategy, interface structure, and interfaces at the project level.
- Collaborate with our design research team to study user behavior, understand user needs, identify design opportunities, and create meaningful product experiences.
- Drive a human-centered design process that spans all phases of development, from framing a service opportunity to coordinating service delivery implementation.
- Lead, plan, design and facilitate and synthesize workshops.
- Extend the craft and share the practice across the studio and beyond.
- Establish and manage client relationships.
- 8+ years delivering interface design solutions for various clients as well as strong leadership experience.
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline.
- Experience owning a project vision, execution, quality and client relationship.
- Experience being highly accountable for design quality and project delivery.
- Experience with concepting and ideation.
- Workshop planning and facilitation skills.
- Experience of iterative prototyping.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders.
- Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- As the creative lead, be responsible for the quality of all deliverables across a variety of projects.
- Be a hands-on design expert, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms.
- Communicate and envision service concepts and ideas using methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touch-points of the service. Pulling together all aspects of service design offer by Fjord.
- Inspire innovative approaches to design, using creative facilitation techniques and taking the lead at client meetings, internal company meetings, brainstorms and external design events.
- Encourage innovative approaches to design techniques, enabling the design team to embrace different angles to a design problem.
- Create “focused innovation” that balances the client’s business needs whilst meeting their goal of differentiation.
- Create design briefs based on project proposals and client feedback.
- Be opinionated and hungry to discuss the design being done within and outside Fjord.
- Have an understanding of how user research should be integrated in to a project and a good understanding of all the other skill sets and expertise within Fjord, including Business Design, Business Development and Brand Marketing.
- Embrace and harness new technologies.
- Have a strong commercial awareness.
- A strong work ethic and a passion for drawing out and driving creativity and innovation.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Impeccable personal time management.
- Planning and analytical skills are essential.
- Analyze and respond to client briefs in a timely manner.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with the Program Manager to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Identify and alert the Program Managers to potential crises, and work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans.
- Seek out, identify and respond to new business opportunities.
- Alongside the Program Manager, identify, analyze and resolve risk.
- Communicate and define project roles, responsibilities and expectations to each team member at the start and for the duration of each project.
- Break down business, user, and technology requirements into digestible components for the design team.
- Instill project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting client deadlines.
- Manage and maintain team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support.
- Engage with freelancers and staff from other Fjord offices enlisted to support the project team, as and when required.
- Manage different teams in parallel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Alongside the Program Manager develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Work with the Program Manager and other leads to engage the most appropriate skill sets on each project.
- Contribute to and participate in project debrief reviews.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Being part of a team..
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world in which we live. Creative, rigorous and effective interaction design ensures that impact is realized. Join a team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!