How can we revolutionize the way the world works and lives? How can we use emerging technologies to improve human life and experience? These are some of the questions we’re grappling with at The Dock, Accenture’s multi-disciplinary research and incubation hub in Dublin. Technology, design and business experts investigate, imagine and bring new ideas to life. Our designers at The Dock are part of Fjord, a global design and innovation consultancy. We bring the human to the heart of the solution, asking how technology augments and impacts people’s lives.
We are looking for a Motion Designer to join our Fjord team in The Dock. The right candidate is someone who understands how to use video and motion graphics to create engaging and impactful stories for internal and external audiences. We are a diverse team and the right person will collaborate closely with visual, interaction, data, service and system designers – along with other disciplines such as analytics and software, working together to create impactful outputs. You are a team player who brings a diverse skillset to the table. You are passionate about emerging technologies and their potential to change how we live and work. You are also pro-active and hands on in your approach and are comfortable collaborating to set the standard for Motion Design in The Dock.
As a Motion Designer you:
- Ensure our work is compelling, communicates clearly, is on brand and engages audiences.
- Understand motion design as a discipline and a practice, leverage an advanced understanding of motion design principals and technologies.
- Lead motion production activities and deliverables on projects.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently.
- Accurately assess performance of yourself and others while providing feedback and direction to other team members.
- Partner with colleagues in other disciplines to ensure that project expectations, parameters, and process are mutually understood and met, and that the solution meets creative, strategy & program requirements.
Working together, we will:
- Produce motion content to inspire our colleagues and clients.
- Identify opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Use our craft to help our clients embrace emerging technology.
Set yourself apart:
- Advanced command of relevant motion and video production software (After Effects, C4D, Premiere, CC suite).
- Portfolio or reel with examples of compelling, impactful & high-quality work.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex ideas into engaging stories.
- Experience creating motion design outputs for digital products.
- Experience managing and possibly leading multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workloads and working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment).
- Ability to utilize feedback/direction from the creative lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of the creative lead.
- Advanced ability to creatively plan and translate abstract concepts into effective visual form.
- 3-5 years of experience working in motion production or similar field; competence in all relevant areas of Motion Design.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world in which we live. Creative, rigorous and effective Service & Interaction Design ensures that impact is realized. Join a team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
A flexible approach
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work.
Please note, as part of all designer recruitment processes, we’ll require a portfolio of your relevant work in order to consider your application. Please be sure to include a link to an online or downloadable portfolio on your CV, or attach an additional document with samples of your work.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!