Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy that reimagines people’s relationships with the digital and physical world around them. We use the power of design to create services people love. By combining a human-centered approach with robust methodology, we work with some of the world’s leading businesses to make complex systems simple and elegant.
Founded in 2001, Fjord has a diverse team of 1,500+ design and innovation experts in 35 studios around the globe. Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
The Product and Service Design Director will be part of the Product Design Craft, establishing a winning team, best practice and tools for running projects and working efficiently as well as sharing and collaborating with the other Fjord offices’ management team, SDDs, SDLs and designers. The Product and Service Design Director reports to the Group Director (Barcelona Office).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Project delivery (50% of time)
- Provide creative leadership and inspiration for product and service design teams on projects, especially during concepting stage, but also during context and design if required
- Manage experience design tracks on bigger projects
- Participate in project reviews in product design heavy stages and help introduce new angles and ideas to the project team and the client
- Provide hands-on concepting and design support in critical project situations
New business (30 % of time)
- Provide the function of ‘product design agent’ to any pitches, rumbles and other new biz projects as required, contributing to the overall exceptional experience, quality and innovation
- Work closely with, and be available to, the respective business development (sales) teams in pursuing new business leads and converting client briefs into booked projects
- Support the business development team with creative input, client meetings, presentations and proposal writing.
Internal Tasks (20% of time)
- Assume the role of “design evangelist” amongst all designers, working closely with (a) the designers to empower and promote creative contribution and (b) the local Managing Directors to encourage and promote a creative atmosphere in which to operate
- Publicly promote Fjord’s experience design competence and thought leadership in this area through blog postings, conference participation etc.
- Line manage and coach the experience design team leads and have continuous personal development reviews with them (Short monthly catch-ups and bi-yearly full reviews and updated PD plans)
- Foster knowledge sharing in Experience design across projects and offices
- Train designers on new experience design methodologies, tools (software), and best practices.
- Assist in (a) the identification of, and maintaining relationships with, sources of talent from where/which we can recruit creative skills (ie. international design schools) and (b) the establishment of incentivisation mechanisms that seek to retain this talent and promote creativity
- Seek out opportunities for self-development.
- Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
- Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams
- Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations
- Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment & materials provided
- Perform other related duties as and when required
- 16-18 years of design experience, 6-8+ years in a senior/lead role at a digital agency; graduate-level study may count toward 1-2 years of professional experience:
- Technology understanding
- Consumer focus
- Solutions aware
- Delivery process familiarity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Knowledge and experience of creative processes, tools and methods
- Leadership experience
- Driver / self starter
- Good listener
- Client side experience
- Strong track record
- Strong with clients and managing their expectations
- Fluent in Spanish and English and a plus is a third European language
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to our belonging to Accenture Interactive, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world in which we live. Creative, rigorous and effective Service & Interaction Design ensures that impact is realized. Join a team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Igualdad de Oportunidades en el Empleo
Todas las decisiones de empleo se tomarán sin importar la edad, raza, credo, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, ascendencia, grado de discapacidad, estado de veterano, orientación sexual, identidad o expresión de género, información genética, estado civil, estado de ciudadanía o cualquier otro motivo o circunstancias protegidas por las leyes federales, estatales o locales.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!