Digital Product Design Lead – Fjord
Location: London (flexible)
Career Level: Manager (L7)
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world we live. Keeping the human at the centre of our design ensures that impact. Be part of a team that is curious, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world through a powerful empathetic lens of the people we serve.
As a Digital Product Design Lead in London, you will lead product design activities at a project level alongside defining concepts, strategies, and digital interface design. You have a strong appreciation for service and interaction design, technology and have the ability to elegantly adapt designs across devices, and work across the entire end-to-end experience.
As a team, we:
- Create products that provide real value for our clients and their customers.
- Nurture a new generation of talented design practitioners
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
- Believe strategic thinking should be supported by tangible solutions that help clients to connect to their users through memorable experiences
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use design theory and practice to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
As a Digital Product Design Lead, you will:
- Drive solving design problems end-to-end, from identifying user needs, generating concepts to defining and creating a product and crafting how people will interact with it.
- Communicate design concepts for digital products, explain thinking and rationale in a compelling way through visual storytelling to the Fjord team, clients and the broader Accenture family.
- Lead product design activities at a project level, managing day-to-day relationships with clients and stakeholders with respect to these activities. Manage and maintain team motivation and morale.
- Explain, discuss and justify design decisions effectively; give effective feedback and direction to other team members.
- Establish and manage client relationships.
- Actively participate in new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
- Assess performance and provide career guidance for those in your project and line management team.
- Self-identify development and career goals.
- Lead and give feedback in interviews for prospective candidates.
- Relevant in-depth experience in Digital Product Design and Digital Product Creation.
- Any form of experience in one or more of the following: higher education in a design related degree, a course or similar experience in a product design role.
- You’re an excellent hybrid designer that can merge visual and interaction design skills to create unique and high-quality design solutions.
- Proven experience managing cross-functional design teams to deliver
apowerful, effective and coherent design solutions.
- Proven experience in defining, creating and managing a Design System alongside supporting its implementation with clients.
- Experience translating business and customer requirements into a compelling holistic experience across different touchpoints.
- High dexterity in speed and quality with the tools of your trade such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe CS, Miro or Mural
- Experience leading online and offline workshops and interviews with clients and partners to validate design decisions.
- Master in creating prototypes, from lower fidelity to fully interactive.
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology, translating its impact on design solutions.
- Master at driving and applying user-centered design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Proven history of delivering projects on time.
- Working knowledge of delivery management tools such as Trello, JIRA or Asana and delivery methodologies such as Agile, DevOPs etc.
- Proven strong collaborative and teamwork skills
- Very good understanding of areas of specialisation within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to research, visual design, and development.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience in coding and in creating coded prototypes.
- Ability to communicate with clients and partners about design methodologies and artefacts
- Data visualisation skills
- Illustration skills
- Motion design and animation skills
Applications without an exceptional design portfolio which demonstrates experience in Digital Product Design or similar role will not be considered.
What’s in it for you
In addition to a competitive basic salary, you will have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!