Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy that reimagines people’s relationships with the digital and physical world around them. We use the power of design to create services people love. By combining a human-centered approach with robust methodology, we work with some of the world’s leading businesses to make complex systems simple and elegant.
Founded in 2001, Fjord has a diverse team of 1,500+ design and innovation experts in 36 studios around the globe. Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
At Fjord, Design Research is at the heart of our design process. Our Design Researchers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and ethnographic research specialists who navigate the uncertainty of a changing world by delivering a high quality, actionable and inspiring mid-to-long term vision for the future. By listening and learning from end users we can deliver actionable, easy to digest and compelling insights, implications and recommendations for all our clients.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
- Conduct ethnographic research that helps us come up with invaluable insights to inform our clients’ strategies and product, services & experiences offering.
- Drive the development of the discipline and practice in our studios.
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
As a Design Researcher, you:
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Participate in all phases of the project, bringing the users’ voice upfront. This includes participating in client workshops, creative brainstorms, and product, services, and experience definitions.
- Explain, discuss, and justify the outcome of the research eloquently, taking the extra step of thinking implications and opportunities for our clients.
- Be part of the construction of Design Research deliverables.
- Tell a story: present the communication of research findings, implications, and opportunities both verbally and visually.
- Be open to work with a variety of teams and vendors all over the globe, since we conduct research globally.
- Feel comfortable working with all type of companies and industries, including some of the most successful technological companies.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on projects that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and conducting ethnographic research, driving, and applying user-centered design processes. Comfortable to work collaboratively with users, clients and cross-functional team members.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design; willingness to broaden your own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
- Familiar with the creation of research samples, recruiting screeners, stimulus and protocols for a variety of research activities, visual presentations, user journeys among other research deliverables.
- Comfortable with fast paced research, including more strategic and tactical projects.
- Understanding of a variety of research activities such as Usability testing, online diaries, observation, shadowing, in-depth interviews, mini groups, focus groups, among other.
- Ability to learn new software quickly, experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive.
- 4-6 years of experience as a Qualitative researcher.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Fluent in English. German or French desirable.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world in which we live. Creative, rigorous and effective Design Researchers ensures that impact is realized. Join a team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
Igualdad de Oportunidades en el Empleo
Todas las decisiones de empleo se tomarán sin importar la edad, raza, credo, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, ascendencia, grado de discapacidad, estado de veterano, orientación sexual, identidad o expresión de género, información genética, estado civil, estado de ciudadanía o cualquier otro motivo o circunstancias protegidas por las leyes federales, estatales o locales.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!