Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 500 design experts in eighteen global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
- Responsible for the quality of technical deliverables on each project.
- Arbitrate and justify technical decisions with user experience in mind.
- Contribute to every design phase of the project with prototyping, technical innovation, feasibility assessment, and deployment strategies.
- Be comfortable with driving innovation from a technical point of view.
- Be comfortable with pushing back technical limits to help realize design vision.
- Be constantly curious of new technologies and market trends.
- Balance the client’s business objectives and technical feasibility constraints whilst meeting the user experience objectives of the project. Be prepared to challenge requirements.
- Help others understand potential pitfalls and opportunities of emerging technology & trends.
- Identify and alert the Project Lead to potential risks, and work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans.
- Define and produce quality control requirements, technical specification and API documentation.
- Take an active role in team activities, including design critique sessions, best practice initiatives, and social activities.
- Constantly push forward into new technologies to broaden your knowledge.
- Develop expertise in user experience and design best practices across multiple platforms, and use this knowledge to inform and elevate the design process.
- Engage with experts and thought leaders across technology disciplines to gain knowledge to drive innovative services.
- Help further technical literacy in the studio by teaching and mentoring other team members.
- Constantly push the boundaries and redefine what is possible with technology.
- Keep a healthy interest in non-technological tools, trades and activities.
- At least 3 + years relevant industry experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software engineering and design.
- Experience designing and developing prototypes.
- Experiencing working closely as part of a design teams.
- Great communication and persuasion skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrate expertise in 3 or more of the following areas:
- Native (mobile, wearable, TV, etc.) app development
- Full stack web development
- Relational and/or NoSQL database development
- Data analysis and machine learning
- Mobile hardware integration such as beacons, BLE, accessory port, ADK
- Electronic prototyping using technologies such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Hardware prototyping techniques, such as 3d printing and laser cutting
- VR, AR, Kinect, NUI, or machine vision technologies
How to apply
Please send your CV and Portfolio via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Also, in the body of your email please be sure to include your name, email address, contact phone number and attach your CV and cover letter.