Senior Data Designer
Centre for Innovation, Dublin 2
Data Design strives to create dynamic and engaging data experiences that enables substantive action and meaningful change. We leverage a combination of user-centred thinking and data-driven methods to create cross-disciplinary solutions spanning every industry. Data Designers help define the vision of the project alongside the other creative disciplines. At Fjord, we break down the walls between design and engineering to synthesize data solutions that improve the human experience.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Designer Lead to join our data design team. Data is informing and driving new human experiences in work and life. Data Design includes designing with data (identifying, accessing and exploring data sources), designing for data (creating new data-driven experiences) and data driven design (automation of personalized experiences). As a Senior Data Designer you will be responsible for researching and developing the data potential within projects and designing data driven visual and ambient experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working with other design disciplines and engineers to bring a data perspective to client’s problems
- Drive quantitative human-centric research by exploring and inspecting client, 3rd party and open data sources
- Generate data visualizations and digital prototypes that explore patterns, communicate insights or drive new service experiences across web, mobile, wearable or smart environments
- Develop data stories that engage and inform viewers
- Define and apply metrics within digital services that provide insight into the service performance, drives contextual customization and informs the service evolution
- Actively participate in Data+Design activities including developing client workshops, stakeholder interviews, data gathering, and ideation
- Produce lean technical specification, API documentation and quality control requirements.
- Take an active role in team activities, e.g. design crit sessions and best practice initiatives
- Actively contribute to thought leadership and points of view
- Participate and contribute to external and internal design and data communities as a Fjordian
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 + years relevant industry experience.
- Firm understanding of image perception and visualization design principles
- History of tackling and solving complex design challenges using data
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills that balance creative design approaches.
- Experience with data visualization software tools for tabular, network and geographic data
- Experience with the following tools (or similar): Git, AWS, GCP, SQL
- Familiar with distributed data storage technologies (or similar): Spark, Hadoop, Postgres, and Cassandra
- Experience with design tools for prototyping (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision)
- Prior experience using agile methodology and tools
- Basic understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions).
- Basic understanding of service design and product design
- Ability to communicate effectively and connect with colleagues, clients and partners
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world we live. Keeping the human at the center of our design ensures that impact. Be part of a team that is curious, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
A flexible approach
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work
Please note, as part of all Designer recruitment processes, we require a portfolio of your relevant work or we will not be able to consider your application.
Please be sure to include a link to an online or downloadable portfolio on your CV, or, be sure to attach an additional document with a portfolio of your work, as part of your online application for this role.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Centre for Innovation is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, leading the global innovation programme at Accenture.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!