Senior Front-End Designer
We are looking for a Senior Client-Side to join our team, with the goal to create a front-end craft elevated above the noise and expectations of run-of-the-mill technology teams.
Not only are you brilliant at hand-coding the UI elements of a project, you should have experience of server-side technologies, notably NodeJS.
You are expected to lead by example, as the role is a mix of hands-on development. The role has joint responsibility for implementing processes, communicating and enforcing Front-End standards and quality across the team, ensuring consistency across our delivery as a whole.
In addition, you will provide mentorship and leadership across the team; inspiring the best work from each of them. We ask a lot but that’s because we want to give you the opportunity to grow and increase your skills as much as you help improve and support the team and wider studio.
You’ll be leading and taking ownership of larger projects, while for smaller projects you will guide and support more junior members of the team.
You will be expected to present work and ideas clearly and methodically within the team and will be required to document large projects.
You will work collaboratively within a cross-functional team (including product designers, user experience, business design) to provide input into the design process and offer ideas/alternatives on routes to best complete a project.
It is also likely that you will meet and be introduced to clients, so you should be aware that the work produced will speak for you and the team. You may also be required to field questions and answers with clients and other project stakeholders.
As a team, we:
- Facilitate and align communication between the client and the project team.
- Ensure all aspects of projects are completed on-time and on-budget.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail.
As a Senior Front-End Designer, you will:
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Work well and build relationships with design and project management departments
- Earn respect with designers and project managers through ideas and the quality and efficiency of work
- Be polite and helpful to others
- Know that making compromises is integral to the development process
- Realise that laughing at work should be encouraged
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
You will play a proactive role in your own learning, project development and time management, requiring a range of skills to facilitate this:
- DDA/WCAG compliancy and browser compatibility
- Using Gulp or similar to automate tasks and bundle code
- Proven track record of commercial web development experience
- Good knowledge of core Internet technologies, HTTP/S, SMTP, FTP, SSH etc.
- Thoroughness in any documentation and commenting of code
- Experience of working with third party API’s
- Ability to assist more junior team members
- Previous line management experience would be a bonus
- Willingness to take on any other responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- We’d really like it if you’ve experience with TDD
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Estimation of effort needed to successfully deliver the project(s) you’re working on
- Experience of using Sass or other pre-processors
- Solid knowledge of issues around responsive design and cross device support and testing
- Commercial experience in at least one of the following — ReactJS, AngularJS, VueJS, Polymer.
- Solid experience of version control systems (Git in particular)
- Understand how GitFlow, and modern CI/CD works
- Worked in a containerised manner (Docker, etc.)
- Keen eye for detail, with a passion for producing pixel-perfection
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
*Your details will be shared with Accenture as part of the application process
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!