Senior Front-End Developer
We’re on the lookout for a Senior Client-Side Developer to join us with the goal to create a front-end craft elevated above the noise and expectations of run-of-the-mill technology teams. Not only are you brilliant at hand-coding the UI elements of a project, but you should also have experience of server-side technologies, notably NodeJS.
We are Fjord, a design and innovation consultancy that reimagines people’s relationships with the digital and physical world around them. We use the power of design to create services and products people love. By combining a human-centered approach with robust methodology, we work with some of the world’s leading businesses to make complex systems simple and elegant. We have more than 1,000 exceptional Fjordians working in 27 studios around the world.
Within Fjord, you’ll have responsibility for implementing processes, communicating and enforcing Front-End standards and quality across the team, ensuring consistency across our delivery as a whole.
In addition, you will provide mentorship and leadership across the team; inspiring the best work from each of them. We ask a lot but that’s because we want to give you the opportunity to grow and increase your skills as much as you help improve and support the team and wider studio.
You will work collaboratively within a cross-functional team (including product designers, user experience, business design) to provide input into the design process and offer ideas/alternatives on routes to best complete a project.
What you’ll bring:
You will play a proactive role in your own learning, project development and time management, requiring a range of skills to facilitate this:
- DDA/WCAG compliancy and browser compatibility
- Using Gulp or similar to automate tasks and bundle code
- Proven track record of commercial web development experience
- Good knowledge of core Internet technologies, HTTP/S, SMTP, FTP, SSH etc.
- Thoroughness in any documentation and commenting of code
- Previous line management experience would be a bonus
- Willingness to take on any other responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- We’d really like it if you’ve experienced with TDD
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Estimation of effort needed to successfully deliver the project(s) you’re working on
- Experience of using Sass or other pre-processors
- Solid knowledge of issues around responsive design and cross device support and testing
- Commercial experience in at least one of the following — ReactJS, AngularJS, VueJS, Polymer.
- Solid experience of version control systems (Git in particular)
- Understand how GitFlow, and modern CI/CD works
- Worked in a containerised manner (Docker, etc.)
- Keen eye for detail, with a passion for producing pixel-perfection
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
A culture for growth and development
All of our Digital professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You’ll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
*Your details will be shared with Accenture as part of the application process
How to apply