Fjord is a service design consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We design creative, effective, and desirable digital solutions that help people around the world. We work with the world’s leading businesses to make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of creative design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 200 design experts in 11 global creative hubs including Berlin, Helsinki, Istanbul, London, Madrid, Milan, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Stockholm and Sydney.
To learn more, please visit www.fjordnet.com.
Senior Program Manager@ Fjord
At Fjord, strong Program Management is how our teams translate big ideas to real-world impact. Program Managers at Fjord aren’t just Gantt charts and spreadsheets; They’re strategic problem solvers who know what it takes to run exceptional design teams. They partner with Design Leads to lead talented teams through challenging projects, and can find the balance between design process requirements, client goals and studio objectives.
As a Senior Program Manager, you are responsible for managing the project ecosystem on complex design programs, for proactive collaboration with Design Leads to ensure effective delivery and high quality design work, and for helping to develop the Program Management craft at Fjord. This is your chance to finally work in a Studio that actuallygets that good Program Management is invaluable, and knows that when it comes to doing great work, people matter more than numbers and lists. You’ll be part of a brilliant team that does great work and brings real innovation to clients across the globe!
This is your chance to finally work in a Studio that actually gets that good Program Management is invaluable, with a team who knows that people matter more than numbers and lists when it comes to making good work happen, and it all just happens to be with a brilliant team that does great work and brings real innovation to clients across the globe.
What responsibilities will you have?
· Play a leadership role on strategic client programs, partnering with Senior Design Leads to manage cross-functional teams of designers, developers, motion graphics artists, QA, and other internal staff to grow key accounts.
· Proactive collaboration between business functions and accounts to ensure minimal risk, maximum profitability and efficiency of project deliveries.
· Cultivate and manage relationships with new and existing clients; engage in regular communications to ensure clear understanding of customer needs and requirements.
· Coordinate project tracking and management with Fjord & account PMO teams to maintain continuity across Accenture and studio.
· Work with account teams and internal teams to maintain continuity across Accenture and the studio; assume responsibility for project budget tracking and profitability.
· Build the business through selling in Program Management as key enabler to project delivery and success.
· Oversee the project governance across projects within key accounts and business groups
· Ensure resource allocation in conjunction with the resource manager across projects and accounts.
· Contribute actively to the Program Management discipline within the studio through mentorship, knowledge sharing, and community building activities
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Advanced Program Management expertise, as a discipline and a practice
· Understanding of design process and significant experience running complex design projects
· Ability to navigate ambiguity and complex environments comfortably
· A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently
· Strong leadership and excellent communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with and manage a wide variety of professional staff
· A high level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
· A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level whether observing or interviewing customers or working with fellow team members and clients
· Experience in growing and mentoring a very dynamic team
· Experience in presenting to and interacting with senior management of client organizations
· Ability to cost estimate large range of project types, and to track and meet budgets
· Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, presentation, and conflict resolution
· A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do
· A passion for representing the human perspective in design and skills in bringing this passion to life for the team
· A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team
· Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner
· Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!