Fjord is a service design consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work. Fjord provides end-to-end design with amazing quality.
Senior Program Manager @ Fjord
• Ensure that projects are managed successfully (i.e., on time, on budget, high quality, smooth process, satisfied clients)
• Contribute to the creation of delivery management processes and procedures to standardize delivery efforts as the company grows; Ensure identification and adoption of best practices on projects
• Support the company’s new business development and sales efforts by providing strategic deliveryguidelines, scope and timeline guidance and budget estimates
• Play a hands-on program management leadership role on strategic client programs. Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, developers, motion graphics artists, QA and other internal staff
• Participate in regular communications with clients to ensure clear understanding of customer needs and requirements over the course of projects
• Continually communicate project status to internal stakeholders through various formal and informal mechanisms
• At least 6+ years of digital program management / delivery management experience with roles of increasing responsibility (including direct line management)
• Demonstrated experience managing creative and interactive (particularly web/mobile/iTV development) initiatives
• Proven project management skills with the ability to multi-task
• A high-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with and manage a wide variety of professional staff; experience in growing and mentoring a very dynamic team
• Experience in presenting to and interacting with senior management of client organizations
• Ability to cost estimate large range of project types, and to track and meet budgets
• Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, presentation and conflict resolution
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
• Willingness to travel
• Be a storyteller: A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
• A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
• A natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
• Works collaboratively and curiously.
• Takes ownership and responsibility for their work.
• Responds professionally to feedback and is able to admit mistakes quickly.
• A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently.
• Professional, flexible, and able to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong organizational, time management skills.
• Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner.
• Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
• Seeks out opportunities for self-development and continuing education.
• Develops and maintains open honest and trusting relationships.
• Goes above and beyond prescribed duties as and when required.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!