Senior Service and Interaction Designer
Fjord at the Dock is the design studio in Accenture’s multidisciplinary innovation hub. We are located in the heart of Dublin 2’s tech quarter and work with clients across the globe to envision and craft digital services, products and platforms. Our service and interaction designers blend strategic, analytic and empathetic thinking with deep interaction design expertise.
The Senior Service and Interaction Designer plans and executes design activities on projects. This starts by modelling a systems goals, developing a holistic understanding of people, technology, data and their interdependencies. They are a strong visual communicator and create artefacts to share insights with stakeholders to support ideation and concept generation. The role requires the ability to collaborate closely with software engineers, data scientists and subject matter expert to create digital products that utilise emerging technology in a responsible manner. Candidates should have experience with the creation and delivery of digital product and services.
This is your opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary team to augment traditional design methods with the principles and practices of artificial intelligence, software development and analytics. We create positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
You are responsible for:
- Support planning and execution for the design track on innovation projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, and interaction, service and system design definitions.
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Develop system maps, user goal models and UX and other performance metrics that directly inform the design of system components.
- Propose service blueprints and user journeys for the human touchpoints within the systems.
- Generate wireframes and key flows that inform development teams on product functionality.
- Give effective feedback and direction to junior designers. Oversee their work and help develop their craft.
- Collaborate with software architects, data scientists and the business experts to develop functional specifications for digital touchpoints including visualizations and machine learning components.
- Own all Service & Interaction Design deliverables. Evaluate output of other interaction and service designers to ensure quality of design work.
- Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Present the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Be a Fjord ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
Working together, we will:
Use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives in a complex digital world
- Work on innovation projects that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline
- Collaborate with other disciplines to evolve the way our clients do business
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to create design artefacts like system maps, service blueprints, user journeys etc
- Experiencing analyzing and modelling complex systems
- Ability to read and understand technical documents
- Curiosity, interest and experience experimenting with emerging technologies
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design.
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping methods, including paper, physical and digital
- 6-7 years of in-depth experience of Service, Interaction or Digital Product Design
- Qualifications or equivalent experience in one of the following (or a related) field
o Product design, interaction design or related field
o Human Computer Interaction/ Human factors engineering
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
About Accenture & Fjord
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!