Senior Interaction & Service Designer
At Fjord, interaction and service design are at the heart of our design process. Our designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital product creation.
This particular role, leads interaction design and service design activities on projects, including design research, workshop facilitation, creative brainstorms, detailed interaction design, and service design definition.
As a team, we:
- Create products that demonstrate outstanding service and interaction design for our clients and their customers.
- Develop the discipline and practice in our studios.
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
As a senior interaction and service designer, you:
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, structure information and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Participate and occasionally lead service and interaction design activities, including client workshops, user interviews, and creative brainstorms.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently using quantitative and qualitative data, as well as by applying user centered design principles.
- Are proficient in the creation of interaction models, personas, archetypes, conditional flows, information architecture schemas and wireframes, as well as have good understanding of experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints.
- Have experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to fully interactive digital prototypes.
- Have a solid understanding of technology, its opportunities and limitations.
- Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Contribute to the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Manage interaction and service design activities at the project level.
- Give effective feedback and direction to more junior members of the team. Evaluate output of other interaction and service designers to ensure quality of design work.
- Be a Fjord ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience with Sketch, Axure, InVision, Framer, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Confluence and JIRA is highly regarded.
- Understanding of several areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, Content Design and technology.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Proficient facilitator of end user concept validation activities and usability testing.
- Willingness to broaden your own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
- 5-7 years of in-depth knowledge and experience of Interaction Design and Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Ideally, fluent in Swedish.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world in which we live. Creative, rigorous and effective Service & Interaction Design ensures that impact is realized. Join a team that is curious, creative, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
Equal is greater than – Accenture welcomes and encourages applications from diverse backgrounds related to gender, age, ethnicity, culture, race, religion and belief, disability, nationality, sexual orientation and gender identity. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, providing an environment where everyone brings distinct experience, talent and culture to their work. We invite you to be part of this diversity! If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability, please call us at +45 7228 8000
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!