Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Senior Visual Designer @ Fjord
• Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
• Develop sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases
• Develop the digital brand and identity strategy for our customers
• Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
• Create instant tangibility for the Fjord team and the client through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
• Develop the Visual Interface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards, iconography, photography and illustrations
• Produce animation/motion solutions and demos created in Flash, 3D or similar software
• Give data meaning through information visualization
• Create light weighed style guides and brand guidelines to supplement prototypes for our implementation partners
• Work directly with customers and prospects to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, program management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
• Collaborate effectively with remote team members, including designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing and others
• Participate in and contribute to Project Debriefs.
• Play an active role in client meetings.
• Vocalize opinions and ideas to clients and the project team.
• Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
• When necessary, manage work streams directly with clients.
• Minimum 6 years’ relevant industry experience.
• Proficient in and/or knowledge of relevant software packages i.e.
Photoshop and Illustrator, In Design, Flash, 3D graphics packages, and motion graphics software such as After Effects.
• Experience creating visual design guidelines and documentation, design language systems and motion studies.
• Demonstrable skills in illustration, photography, or diagrammatic expertise (information visualization) and iconography are an advantage.
• Able to present concepts and justify design decisions.
• Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
• Demonstrable attention to detail.
• Willingness to travel.
• Seek out opportunities for self-development.
• Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
• Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
• Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships.
• Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
• Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
• Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment & materials provided.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!