SENIOR VISUAL DESIGNER
The Dock, Dublin 2
Fjord has joined forces with the The Dock. This is the new home for experimentation, co-creation and experiential design, and an exciting opportunity to put design doing at the heart of innovation.
Who are we?
We are designers, ukulele players, doctors and dancers. We are doing things that matter for lives, cities and robots. We are building a work environment where people are happy, productive and collaborative.
Who are you?
You are a kick-ass Senior Visual Designer ready to join a fast-paced, growing innovation centre. You will operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. You will thrive in an open and interactive working environment, which facilitates collaboration with colleagues, clients and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief, will ensure that together we will make it count.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Develop sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases
- Develop the digital brand and identity strategy for our customers
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Create instant tangibility for the team and the client through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
- Develop the Visual Interface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards, iconography, photography and illustrations
- Produce animation/motion solutions and demos created in After effects, 3D or similar software
- Give data meaning through information visualization
- Create lightweight style guides and brand guidelines to supplement prototypes for our implementation partners
- Work directly with customers and prospects to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, program management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Collaborate effectively with remote team members, including designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing and others
- Participate in and contribute to Project Debriefs.
- Play an active role in client meetings.
- Vocalize opinions and ideas to clients and the project team.
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
- When necessary, manage work streams directly with clients.
- Seek out opportunities for self-development.
- Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
- Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships.
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
- Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment & materials provided.
Your Skills And Qualifications
- At least 6+ years relevant industry experience.
- In possession of a relevant degree or professional qualification(s).
- Proficient in and/or knowledge of relevant software packages i.e. Photoshop and Illustrator, In Design, 3D graphics packages, and motion graphics software such as After Effects.
- Experience creating visual design guidelines and documentation, design language systems and motion studies.
- Demonstrable skills in illustration, photography, or diagrammatic expertise (information visualization) and iconography are an advantage.
- Able to present concepts and justify design decisions.
- Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Demonstrable attention to detail.
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world we live. Keeping the human at the center of our design ensures that impact. Be part of a team that is curious, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
A flexible approach
We understand that traditional models may not work for everyone, so we offer flexible working arrangements which include tailored options for how you work
Please note, as part of all Designer recruitment processes, we require a portfolio of your relevant work or we will not be able to consider your application.
Please be sure to include a link to an online or downloadable portfolio on your CV, or, be sure to attach an additional document with a portfolio of your work, as part of your online application for this role.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Centre for Innovation is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, leading the global innovation programme at Accenture.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!