We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
At Fjord, building products and services for virtual and augmented reality platforms is integral to our ability to deliver a meaningful impact to our end users and our clients. We focus on all aspects of VR development, from architecture and infrastructure to user interfaces.
As a Senior VR Developer, you will lead the definition of VR software architectures and implementations throughout engagements at the account level. In this role, you will collaborate with our teams and our clients to build impactful products and services that will transform lives for the better.
As a team, we:
• Code high quality, impactful experiences for virtual, augmented, and mixed reality devices.
• Own the architecture, implementation, and maintenance of the products and services we build.
• Bring designs from ideas to reality.
As a Senior VR Developer, you:
• Master VR Development as a discipline and a practice.
• Approach problems creatively and drive toward solutions that strike a balance between idealism and pragmatism.
• Lead and contribute to improvements to the organization at the individual, department, and studio levels.
• Contribute to VR development best practices and Fjord coding conventions, standards, patterns, and libraries.
• Actively seek out and learn new VR technologies, thoroughly evaluating them for potential use on projects.
• Proactively identify opportunities for code reuse, and contribute to and lead the development of modularized libraries that can be incorporated into projects.
• Seek technical input from peers and more experienced VR developers, as well as coach less experienced VR developers.
• Contribute to and participate in the various internal development training and sharing activities.
• Interview and assess VR developer candidates at various levels for technical and cultural fit, as well as onboard new developers to Fjord development processes.
• Lead or oversee production and maintenance of VR architecture and code at the account level.
• Review VR code and architecture developed by others and make comments and suggestions aligning with development best practices and Fjord coding standards.
• Lead or oversee the collaboration among design, project management, and other development teams to balance idealism and pragmatism in development deliverables as driven by project scope, budget, and timeline.
• Lead or oversee the collaboration with the client or other entities to drive progress on technical dependencies.
• Lead or oversee the preparation and performance of sprint demos to the client or relevant stakeholders.
• Lead or oversee the production of any documentation necessary for the client or other partners to take ownership of the codebase and maintain it long-term.
• Contribute code or documentation to Fjord open source projects, and review and approve community contributions.
• Attend, help plan, and contribute to Fjord and VR development community events; be a Fjord ambassador.
• Present new thinking by contributing to the larger VR development community and raising Fjord’s visibility.
Working together, we will:
• Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
• Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
• Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
• 5–7 years of software development experience.
• 3–5 years of games or interactive 3D software development experience.
• 0–1 year of VR development experience.
• Advanced understanding of and experience in applying object-oriented design and programming principles.
• Advanced understanding of and experience in agile and scrum software development methodologies.
• Thorough understanding of and experience using git for source control.
• Proficient with project management tools, such as JIRA.
• Thorough understanding of and experience with software release management.
• Advanced in debugging software defects, identifying the source of issues and correcting them.
• Advanced understanding of and experience with the invocation of RESTful web services and the consumption of returned data.
• Advanced understanding of and experience with software design patterns.
• Thorough understanding of and experience with continuous integration as well as delivery tools and methods.
• Thorough understanding of and experience with various performance and memory profiling methods and tools.
• Thorough understanding of and experience with methods and tools for addressing accessibility concerns.
• Advanced understanding of and experience with programming languages and frameworks used in VR development, such as C# and .NET.
• Advanced understanding of and experience with game engines used in VR development, such as Unity and Unreal.
• Advanced understanding of and experience with game design.
• Advanced understanding of and experience with linear algebra.
• Expert knowledge of and experience with the 3D art pipeline.
• Thorough understanding of and experience with Unity Editor extensions.
• Advanced understanding of and experience with market-relevant VR hardware and their capabilities.
Virtual and augmented reality solutions are increasingly being recognized as critical differentiators, so it’s imperative for us at Fjord to have subject matter experts who can leverage VR technologies to their fullest to build the best products and services out there. Together, we push the boundaries of VR development, adopting new technologies and discovering better ways to build software.
Be part of a team that is curious, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!